Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Are You Hungry?

Don't forget to scroll down for Toosdae ?'s!

My Callie girl sent some of her pictures to the group so I have a few more. She was the official food photographer so I couldn't post any until she got home and settled...missing from these photos: Appetizer night (Artichoke Dip, Wings, Pear & Blue Cheese Canapes), Breakfast for Dinner night (Breakfast Risotto & Croque Madame Sandwiches) and Grill night completed. (Ginger Beer Pork, Garlic Lime Chicken, Corn on the Cob w/ Cilantro Butter and Baked Potatoes.)

Mexican Night-Beef Tacos, Chicken Enchiladas (a favorite) & Mexican Rice w/ Cilantro Dressing (another favorite) Dessert was Linda's birthday cake that I made the night before: Chocolate Cake with Kahlua Buttercream.Friendship Breakfast included Herbed Shirred Eggs w/ Ham, Bacon, Lyonnaise Potatoes & Lemon Yogurt Bread.
Impromptu Lunch: Antipasto. This was meant to go with dinner one night, but I realized that it would be too much food, so I put it together for lunch. Missing from the normal platter is marinated artichoke hearts-we'd had artichoke dip the night before, so I didn't put them on here.
Italian Night: Penne a la Vodka, Chicken Saltimboca and Garlic Bread.
Grill Night: Mentioned above, making below.

It was a pleasure cooking for all of my Beach Bitches. Not only did I get to cook and plan menus, but I got to see their reactions and the smiles they had when they ate the food. And also, their empty plates. Cooking for one is harder than ever now...

16 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

I am starving!!!

Desert Songbird said...

I should NOT have read this before eating breakfast!

Lois Grebowski said...

so when you going to cook for me? LOL!

Those look so good! YUMMMM!

Callie Ann said...

The food walks all over the food on Cruise Ships... If you know someone who is super rich and needs a family chef... Mags is their ticket... but they will need to hire a personal trainer also... LOL.... great Cook this girl is!!!!

Mags said...

LOL! Thanks Callie-I cracked up at the trainer part. ;)

Thomas said...

Those are the longest pieces of bacon I have ever seen. *insert size joke of your choice*

Rocketstar said...

I wish I could eat all of the delicious stuff you get to eat.

Bond said...

Cooking for one is tough, which is why when I cook I always cook for 3+...then freeze the leftovers for another night.

Great looking food...

Welcome back...

Glad you had a wonderful time.

katherine. said...

oh yum.

I can tell a lot of heart went into every meal.

I hope you did not have to wash a single dish or pan!!

Carole said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of the meals, that was really fun to see what you made! Everything looks really delicious!

Jamie said...

How would you feel about a Greyhound ticket to Washington. We have an ocean, and I have an empty dinner table.

It all looks soooo yummmmy.

Linda said...

Ah yes, blue cheese - the thing I don't eat but happily ate not once but twice on this vacation. You are, indeed, a miracle worker in the kitchen!

Mo said...

DAMN.
I lived it, and ate it. And am seriously jonesing for some MORE!
What a gastronomically extraordinary vacation!

Travis said...

Fantastic!

crazy working mom said...

Oh.
My.
Gawd!!!

How amazing this is. I think I put on 5lbs just from looking at the photos. :D

Marilyn said...

You are awesome! That was the nicest thing you could have done for your friends on vacation. I'm tired out just thinking of all the work involved.

On my vacation I just boil water and wash the dishes.