Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Success for Supper

It was a smashing success. Only one person couldn't make it as she had surprise out of town guests. I had 2 helpers in the kitchen and a few that came in every now and then. The food was amazing and I heard one girl say that she liked it better than the food she had the previous night at a fancy Boston restaurant. Go me.


Cutting Shallots

Knife Skills

Starting the Risotto

Plating and Presentation
They wait...

Food and Wine
Waiting for Dessert (I didn't get a picture)
Happy Campers
Leftover Wine Glass


We had a really great time and it felt nice to be a part of a new group of people. There was lots of wine (6 bottles) and lots of laughs and in the end, we were all super happy and super full. The one person who helped me the entire time was very excited about being able to make the food on his own and said he will soon.

Next month's dinner is already planned, and it's not at my house! Yay! Overall, I would have to say, I'm pretty smart for thinking of this idea. :)

15 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Awesome, Mags! I'm glad everyone left satiated and happy.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i am so happy for you! and the food looks amazing!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Lois Grebowski said...

WOW, that looked like so much fun!!!!

So glad it all worked out.
:-D)

Amazing Gracie said...

Just looking at you, I can tell how intense you are when doing your favorite thing! I'm glad you felt the light bulb go off over your head - great idea...
~~~~Blessings~~~

Kai said...

Awesome idea! So glad it was a success! :-)

Erik said...

Looks like everyone had a good time, and the scallops look absolutely mouth-watering Mags!! I'm stuck at work and suddenly feel hungry now... LOL ;P

Star8278 said...

What a great idea. Looks like it was a big HIT. So glad you thought to get pictures.


(BTW, thanks for the FB add....)

Have a great Thursday...

paige said...

awesome Mags! And I thought the food looked great!

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

How fun. Congratulations on your success. Big hug. :)

Ivanhoe said...

Yup, you're pretty smart for having this idea :o)
I'm glad you had a great time and you have new friends.

FRIGGA said...

How great! The food looked good, I'm glad it was such a success!! :)

Marilyn said...

Yay! It looks like everybody had a great time.

Callie Ann said...

Mags, You're the best... Can't wait to bump butt's with you in the kitchen.. Woo Hoo only 2 weeks to go...

Linda said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time and the food does look mighty fine though I was looking forward to the cheesecake!

Can't wait to have some of your fantastic cooking at the beach house and I just hope that we can be as helpful in the kitchen as your crew was on Wednesday night!

Bravissimo!!!

crazy working mom said...

Yay for your success! :)

I wish you could teach me some knife skills.