Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Randomivity


There seems to be a pattern developing where a coworker of mine shrugs off work and gives it to me. She's not going to like me much after I am done with her.

I get so afraid watching the balance beam routines in gymnastics.

It's pretty cool seeing a local celebrity in your work's cafeteria.

When your mother doesn't cook well at all, the whole family knows it. So when she tries to pass potato salad off as her own, not many people believe her.

Being patient really pays off when you're trying to find a specific piece of furniture on Craigslist. What really stinks though is when you get it into your house and you don't like it as much as you wished.

Pastry cream should not be whipped once set. I know this-yet I followed the directions that told me to whip it, and it got ruined.

These darn Olympics are not good for someone who's not sleeping already-I just can't pull myself away!!

I am eating dinner out at a restaurant I've wanted to try for a long time tonight. I'm going with strangers-I think they might freak out if I take pictures.

Nothing funny happened to me this week.

10 comments:

Thomas said...

Nothing funny happened to you this week? WTF(udge)?

Bond said...

Get some sleep darn it all

Clancy in Idaho said...

Don't worry... you still have half a week for something funny to happen to you! :)

Sorry about your piece of furniture... that sucks rocks.

Desert Songbird said...

I watched the balance beam routines through my fingers. I couldn't stand it.

Lois Grebowski said...

Sounds like your co-worker needs to learn a lesson. Go get 'em.

..and please get some sleep, dear!

that's a bummer about the furniture and the pastry cream. Dang.

Mo said...

I say take your camera to the restaurant anyway.
Tell them you're an online restaurant critic.
:)

Linda said...

What Mo said! Or you could tell them you are hoping to duplicate the recipes on your own later on and you will the pictures for reference.

I really haven't watched much of the Olympics except when I was at work until 3:30 a.m. the other night and they were actually on LIVE rather than taped!

The balance beam makes me nervous ... so does the high bar come to think of it!

Oh, and get some sleep - just because I woke up at 3:00 a.m. doesn't mean that everyone else had to be, too!

Ruth said...

I'm having that same problem of not sleeping and then adding to my sleep deprivation watching Olympics. Watching these Olympics could seriously be a full time job with all the coverage!

katherine. said...

I missed why you are famous at work?

Travis said...

But at least while we're not sleeping, we have something to watch.

Yup...I can find the positive if I look hard enough.