Thursday, July 17, 2008

Um...I Don't Know?

I don't have much to say today...I thought about doing a TT post, but couldn't come up with 13 things. I thought about writing about the dream I had last night, but it was too weird. (Cross between Journey to the Center of the Earth and blogging.) I thought about telling you what I'm up to, but it's nothing, really...

What I didn't once consider is letting you in on the nipple secret. ;)

Work is good. I really love it here. It's not rocket science what I do, but it takes lots of organization and an ability to multi-task-and I am great at both. The people are really nice and the commute is awesome...

This weekend Linda is coming to visit again-this time with her daughter Jamie. We've got a few things planned for the weekend here in Boston, but I won't disclose them as of yet....stay tuned. I'm sure we'll both have pictures and tales.

I have a mystery package waiting for me at UPS. I have no idea what it is or who it is from. UPS won't tell me, so I'm stuck wondering until tonight. It's tough getting packages at my apartment because it's a locked building. This time though, the UPS guy didn't even try to contact me. He just left a sticker in the front of the building-it's lucky I even saw it...

My birthday is coming up soon. I have no plans. Zero. Zip. Nada. This makes me sad. I know that as an adult I'm not supposed to get excited about birthday's-but I do. Not just mine-I love everyones birthday. There was talk about the possibility of getting baseball tickets from my dad-but he hasn't emailed or called me about them so I have to assume that this is not in the cards...I am thinking of setting up a dinner with the internet people I meet in Boston so that I won't be bored on the actual day...is that loserish?

I tried 2 new places to eat around my house. One is a Chinese place which I fell in love with-because I was one of 2 non-Chinese people in the place. That's a good sign. Plus, there was a table of older men playing Mahjong in the back. Very cool...The other place was a Jewish deli up the street from me that I've been passing every time I walk to CC. I was disappointed in it. It might have been because they had several beef tongues in the case staring at me while I was ordering, but after I ate, I felt kind of nauseous. The pickles were OK but a little too salty. It makes me miss Reins.

I have to start cooking again. I feel like my degree is going down the tubes and fast. The trouble is that at this point, I'm not willing to sacrifice my quality of life-exploring, seeing new things, experiencing the city-to work until 1am as a prep cook. (Plus, you all know I don't want to work in a restaurant.) I don't know what to do. There are so many talented people here. In order to make myself feel a little better, I am going to try to make one new dish a week and bake 1 new item a week. This is huge b/c I live alone and have no one to eat with-that's why it's only 1. Plus, cooking fancy stuff costs a lot of money.

Also-I know this is not very mature but I would really like to have a friend who I could go out and drink too much with. I used to have one-but she turned out to be a jerk and I dumped her. There are some times when I'd just like to be able to have too many margaritas or sangria.

So...I guess I do have a lot to say-it's just not very focused. :) I'm glad tomorrow is Friday and that I have friends visiting. It sometimes gets lonely spending the entire weekend without talking to a single person! Have a great Thursday everyone.

16 comments:

Thomas said...

I'm sure you'll have a good deal of fun on your birthday. Just you wait. :)

WillThink4Wine said...

Oh, speaking as a Bostontan transplant living in the deep south... oh, how I miss real Chinese food!

I worked in a Chinese restaurant in high school, the best one for miles around. It's still open. I have to eat there at least once when I'm visiting the SisterDears and have the obligatory Mai Tai. It's been open for about 50 years now. The little bitty Chinese owner just died; he was in his 80's. One of my sisters still lives in that town and she BIL go every Thursday night. They've had the same waitress in the lounge for about 30 years.

I'm from a small town, can you tell? Not much changes there!

FRIGGA said...

Yikes, Chinese food can be very hit or miss... but Boston definiely is NOT short of really great food places!

And sometimes not talking to anybody all weekend is a great weekend to have - other times it can be, well not so nice. (I'm very glad to have so much family near me!)

Lois Grebowski said...

Let us know when your birthday is and we'll throw you an blogger birthday party... how's that for fun?

We'll even bring cake....

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

What Lois said. We could through a great big cyberspace birthday party. That would be fun. I still want to know about the nipples thing. Have a great day Mags. Big hug. :)

Kat said...

Why oh why won't you let us in on the nipple secret LOL?

You're not alone in getting excited over birthdays, I do too and it drives people around me mad.

Have a splendid Thursday.

the teach said...

I'm with Lois and Sandee, Mags! Com'on and tell us your Birthday! If you don't I'm going to ask Mo! Enjoy your weekend with friends!

Bond said...

Hell's Kitchen....There ya go!

Have a great weekend...

Jamie said...

Maggie

Came across a blog that made me immediately think of you. Hope it gives you a laugh.

Cake Wrecks

Ron Simpson said...

My brother and I are going to NYC to see the Yankees vs Red Sox game on Aug 28

Linda said...

For not having much to say, you said a lot!

I tend to get excited about birthdays, too, and still remember how very nice it was of you to drive all the way down to my job last year and bring me that yummy red velvet cake! Maybe someone will surprise YOU with a cake at your job this year!

My 50th is coming up a lot faster than I would like and, truth be told, I have no plans for the actual day which definitely seems like a bit of a let-down though the week after will be GREAT!

Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!

Mo said...

Nipples, sangrias, and a UPS driver...
Now *that's* my dream from last night...

Travis said...

Maybe you can tell us the nipple story on your birthday.

Hehehe

Anonymous said...

Just so you know... I am more than willing to be that friend that you can go out and drink too much with! We just have to plan the outtings more carefully since you're a couple hours away.

--Megan

crazy working mom said...

Did someone send you a birthday gift?! I'm curious?

Mags said...

Tish-Yes, my sister did. :)