Friday, July 25, 2008

There's Always 1...

I hate to say this-but there's someone at work that I just can't stand. I've tried to like her, but really, she's just not a nice person and she has major control issues. This is the lady who was very rude to me during my last phone interview.

During that interview she told me that she's been "doing this type of work" her entire life and basically said how good she is. Well, I have to disagree. I work closely with this woman and have noticed that she's good when things are slow-but when they get busy, she easily gets confused and sends out emails that do not make sense-further confusing things. THEN she gets snooty when you have to correct her.

Another thing I hate is that she looks at the calendars that I manage and then proposes times for her guy to meet with mine. When I tell her she can't have some of that time, she says, "Well, I checked and it's open." (But it's not really-I'm holding it.) BUT-when I do the same thing to her-she doesn't like it very much...in fact, she hates it. So much so that she always tells me that I can't have the time-and then comes back about 1/2 hr later and says that I can.

Um...ok. I get that you're a control freak-but...the 2 people I support are busy as is the guy you support-playing little games does NOT make things easy. It's so very frustrating.

The last thing that bothers me is that she cc's the big bosses on every little thing. My big bosses don't like this-they don't need the back and forth details on how we get to a meeting-they just need the end results. But she emails everyone. How do you tell an older woman who thinks she's the greatest in the world that she shouldn't do something?

When you're the new girl...

You can't. So...I'm just going to suck it up. I know I'm doing a good job-everyone I work directly with-clients included-have said that they really enjoy working with me and that they appreciate how efficient I am. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, and hope that maybe she'll get a grip.

Why is there always one?

8 comments:

Asara Dragoness said...

All I can say is..

Be glad there's only one. *hugs*

Sandy B and Dick said...

There is one in every job, and a sign of insecurity that the person would NEVER admit! Suck it up; do your job well. Everyone will see the comparison...hugzzz

Ivanhoe said...

That's hard. There is really not much a probie can do. But I agree with what Asara says; it could be worse :o)

Desert Songbird said...

It's a designed test to see how you handle it. That will come up on your next review. Count on it. *wink*

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Sometimes there are more than one. Have a great day and weekend. Big hug. :)

Marilyn said...

At least she isn't your boss. I hate when the problem person is the boss and it always seemed to work out that way for me.

I have this way of playing naive Kansas girl that sometimes worked with them... like letting myself be overheard saying, "... and then he told me that the boss never likes it when I cc the details, so I just never do anymore". Big eyes and totally innocent. Sounds like this one probably wouldn't get it anyway.

Good luck.

Kurt said...

Life is a bitch isn't it. Happy Birthday... ;-)

Clancy in Idaho said...

Bummer for those stupid ones. She's just a test for you. A life test I mean. Those who annoy us can be our greatest teachers! :) They can teach us perseverance, patience, composure, self-possession, sufferance, stoicism, fortitude, endurance... and they might just scar your tongue from being bitten and scar your hands from your nails digging into the flesh so you refrain from hitting her! Ha ha! Good luck with the ONE. :)