Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday-Creative Title, Isn't It?

So Yay! for Friday!! That means the last day of work and better yet-visitors! I'm so excited for Linda and her daughter Jamie to get here. Tonight we're going out for Tapas (again) because it's yummy. I hope Jamie isn't embarrassed by us taking pictures of our food. :)

Remember yesterday I told you I had a mystery package waiting for me at UPS? Well, I got it! It's an early birthday gift from my sister C-Unit and niece Rye Bread....It's the Top Chef cookbook! How exciting it that? (It doesn't have this last season in it.) The recipes all look so awesome, I can't wait to cook! Some of these might fall into my goal of "One new dish a week." The only weird thing about the book is that it's covered in a fabric book cover...which I think is a little weird for a cookbook...a glossy cover might have been better so you can wipe it off if you spill something. BUT-it's still a cool ass book. :)

People here at work are very label conscious. They always talk about designers and clothes...I laugh a little bit in my head because a few of these people have complimented me on my outfits-if they only knew they were from Target or Lane Bryant! Today I have on cute high heeled sandals that I always get compliments on every time I wear them...I'd love to see the look on their faces if they knew they were from Payless! (There's a girl here who wore a $1000 suit the other day.)

Remember how I was in love with everything bagels with plain cream cheese from the coffee shop down the street? Well, they switched the bakery they get them from, and now-they aren't yummy anymore. :( I'm going to have to find someone who DOES get them from that bakery because sometimes, you just crave that bagel...

That's all for now my peeps-have a great weekend!!

12 comments:

Linda said...

I think Jamie can handle the whole "oh my gosh, hold on, I gotta take a picture" stuff but I wonder if you'll be able to handle her?!? She is about as opposite of Amanda as a sister can get but I've told her if she doesn't behave I'm throwing her in the harbor! "Mother of the Year" I am not!

See you soon!!

Kat said...

Early birthday presents that is exciting and what a nice prezzy it is.

Weird with the fabric book cover. I wonder whose idea that was. My guess is certainly not the author's :).

Have an awesome weekend Mags!

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mo said...

Oooh - I hate it when places switch from good yummy quality stuff to not-so-great distributors!

There were several fabric-covered cookbooks on my shelf when I lived with Lee, too (he got most of the cookbooks, which was fine with me, I'm more of an improvisor or look it up on liner) and I thought the same thing - why cover a cookbook, of all things, with a fabric cover!
Did you see this season of Top Chef got nominated for an Emmy For Best Reality show?
Cool.

Have a GREAT weekend with Linda & Jamie!

mo

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

What a cool birthday gift. Enjoy. Have fun with Linda and Jamie. I know you will.

Yikes, a suit that costs a grand? I'm with you. I'd rather spend my money on other things than pricey clothes.

Have a great weekend Mags. Big hug. :)

Rocketstar said...

Did you let them know your feedback on the bagel?

Star8278 said...

Happy early b-day? Mine's coming up soon and I am dreading it.. might sleep the day away.

So glad to find someone else whose not ashamed to love Lane Bryant. I love, love, love that store. And Avenue!!!!

Have a great weekend.

Bond said...

Everything bagel with PEANUT BUTTER... Nothing like it...So YUM

and I agree..a cloth cover for a cookbook...? Some art director has no idea what a cookbook is used for...

Travis said...

What a fantastic gift! But evidently the publisher didn't understand that no matter how careful a cook is with splatter and spills, there's nothing to be done about greasy fingers!

Amazing Gracie said...

Isn't it funny how so many people are hung up on labels? I think they must be extremely insecure...
Our department used to order from a local eatery that had the best peanut butter bagels! Loved them!
Have a great weekend,
~~~Blessings~~~

crazy working mom said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the dishes you come up with from this one! :)


Hope you have a great weekend, sweets!

Lois Grebowski said...

I'm with ya on THAT bagel thing...totally!

Looks like a fun birthday present! can't wait to see what you cook from it. YOu will show us your results...won't you?