Thursday, June 19, 2008

Shhh...Don't Tell!

But....a few of the girls from work convinced me that I was feeling sick today. :) Why? Well, don't you know I live in BOSTON!?! Today was the Rolling Rally for the Celtics and being that this is my first year as a Bostonian and I'm a sucker for excitement and parades, I just had to be there. (Plus, tomorrow is my last day at the old job and I have virtually nothing to do there anyway.)

Take a look-I went to the beginning of the parade route b/c I knew it would be less crazy than the end-boy was I right!! Looking at pictures on Boston.com makes me realize that I made the right decision. Enjoy the show! (Roll over the picture with your mouse if you want to read the notes.)



I have to admit that I did not follow the basketball season-I generally don't even though I really like basketball (I'd say it's my 2nd favorite sport to watch). However, I do have lots of pride for my city and am happy that I went. I got a little choked up when they passed too. I get that way at concerts too, when the band comes out for an encore-it must be the greatest feeling on earth to have that support and appreciation for what you do. It's kind of inspiring. :)

15 comments:

Kat said...

That looks like a sea of green people and a lot of fun. I seriously envy you for living in Boston.

Bond said...

pssssst...your boss knows where you were....

They always do!

Lois Grebowski said...

WOW! That really is a celebration!

Desert Songbird said...

Back in '93, when our hometown NBA team lost in game 6 of the NBA finals, over 500,000 people went out in the scorching 110 degree heat to party with our not-quite-champions. It was really fun to see.

Ivanhoe said...

Awesome! I would go to the parade, too, if our city would ever win anything :o(

flipper said...

i watched the last game and they did awesome & i felt like crying too at the end while watching them being so happy and proud.

Ron Simpson said...

Maybe if OKC gets the Sonics someday we can have a NBA championship party your ass off day off from work.

Mags said...

Kat-It WAS a see of green people! LOL!!!

Bond: Maybe-but since tomorrow is my last day, I think it's ok. :)

Lois: Oh, it was so much fun!!!

DS: These things are a blast. I'm glad you got to go to one too.

Ivanhoe: Maybe one day....

Flipper: I wanted to cry at the end of it too-their emotion was fun to watch.

Ron: :) Maybe...

Sandy B & Dick said...

I'm glad you didn't miss out on that fun! That was quite a celebration.

Linda said...

Ah what are they gonna do? Fire you?! I think not!

I love a parade myself and always get choked up when the marching bands go by. Perhaps I was a tuba player in another life ...

Looks like you had a great time!

Clancy in Idaho said...

Sounds like fun. I love parades too... our smallish town has a 4th of July parade that is not fantastic, but very fun... I make my kids clap and scream and holler and wave to everyone who passes. They think I'm nuts, but I make them do it anyway and we eventually get everyone doing it around us... it's my calling to rev people up! :)

Amazing Gracie said...

I thought of you when I heard the Celtics won and wondered if you'd be able to partake of the festivities!
Glad you had fun (and I tear up and get emotional and things like that, too!).
~~~Blessings~~~

Rocketstar said...

I thought you were pregnant from the title, hehehehe.

crazy working mom said...

Oh wow, how fun! :)

mauniejames3 said...

yum, yum...I live ten minutes out of the city..yet I never get to have all the great experiences with food you do...before we decide where to eat...I'll call you (laughing)