Friday, June 20, 2008

No Sweat

First of all-TODAY'S MY LAST DAY OF WORK AT MY "OLD" JOB!! :) It's not that I'm so excited to get away from this job and the people b/c I'm not-I'm just looking forward to less travel time, less gas and tolls and traffic and more money...I start the new job on Tuesday.

After yesterday's rally, I ventured over the the Phantom Gourmet's Barbecue Beach Party in City Hall Plaza. I was planning on going to dinner here but since I was in the area for lunch, I figured, why not? For $5 you can venture into a BBQ battle that'll make your taste buds dance.

There were so many choices...




Wait a minute! Butch?!? THE Butch? As seen on Food Network?? I know it's cheesy (and I don't even like Bobby Flay) but when I watched this episode my mouth WATERED and I actually walked down to the local BBQ place near my house to get some (sub par) food to quench my craving. Naturally, my mind was made up. Butch's it was!


Butch himself...I wanted so badly to ask for a picture with him (see, I really am a geek) but I was for some reason, too shy. (Not usually a problem for me in this sense.) He even walked out from behind the booth and was standing right next to me (on his cell phone). It would have been perfect... Pulled Pork Sandwich with Butch's mild BBQ sauce.
It was honestly the best pulled pork I've ever had. It lived up to it's reputation and I'm glad I picked it. I do wish that I had some more cash on me though, because I would have loved to compare it to others-but that would have also required some friends to share the food with, and I was by myself. If you're in the Boston area, I high recommend that you stop by the Beach Party for some tasty treats.

In other news I'd like to report on my miracle spray that I got in the mail the other day. Though I can't say 100% that it works yet (because I've only been using it for 3 days) I can tell you that I do see a significant difference. Yesterday for instance, turned out to be very hot. It was cool when I left the house and I had on the only green I had-a light sweater-and jeans. I also had my hair down (which I did later put up). While standing in the crowd I felt warm and in normal circumstances, I'd have a slick face.

I had nothing.

I started testing it out too-I faced the sun, kept my hair down for a bit, walked the long way to the bbq place-and I only got a tiny bit clammy. It wasn't until I ran to the T that I sweat a little more-but even that wasn't as bad as it usually would be. I'm giving it a week like they suggest and by then, I hope it'll be in full effect.

It does make my face tingle when I put it on at night and sometimes if I'm warm it stings a little. And in the morning when I wash it off, it's really bitter if the water runs into your mouth in the shower. The bottle is also very small-but in my opinion, it's worth it.

Like I said, I'm not 100% ready to say it works, which is why I haven't named the product yet. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be able to share it with confidence and everyone who has the same problem will get relief too....

15 comments:

Mo said...

I saw that episode of Butch v/s Bobby Flay - glad you tried Butch's BBQ!
That is SO awesome!

Glad the mystery product is working!

Ivanhoe said...

Love pulled pork sandwiches! Hope the product really helps. It looks like it so far, fingers crossed... Have a great weekend, Mags!

Clancy in Idaho said...

Sounds yummy and hooray for the face stuff!

Linda said...

First I see a delicious cheeseburger over at Lois' and now I'm here drooling over a pulled-pork samich that looks fantastic! Augh! Now I'm hungry!!

Next time ask for a picture with the man, you silly non-sweaty girl!

katherine. said...

that looks like a great time...and like linda...now I am hungry!

glad to hear the spray might be working...enjoy your weekend!

FRIGGA said...

Hmmm, very interesting! I like BBQ, but not pork - of course I'd get excited if I saw someone from tv standing next to me in real life! And now I'm interested in this new face product, I hope it works and you share with us what it is! :)

Happy Rockin' Friday!! :D

Desert Songbird said...

Glad to hear the spray may be a solution to your problem. Here's hoping!

I LOVE barbecue. I've been craving it lately, too. I love watching The Food Network, but it drives me nuts when I see great food, and I'm watching late at night!

Travis said...

I hope the stuff works for you...it sounds like it's starting to do the job.

And speaking of job...good luck with the new one next week!

Amazing Gracie said...

Have a wonderful weekend and good luck Tuesday - I know it'll work out grandly...
Do you like Anthony Bordain (sp?)? I watch him on the travel channel. He's my very favorite "foody."
~~~Blessings~~~

mauniejames3 said...

My fave is the food chanel...I really love the barefoot contessa..
dying to hear about the spray..sounds wonderful..I love all pork but have never tried pulled pofk...sounds great..good luck on your new job.

Kai said...

That pulled pork looks awesome! It's one of my fav's too.

Glad you hear you're seeing some results!

crazy working mom said...

That sandwich looks SO good! We have a bbq place here that makes Barbaritos. Hvae you ever had one? It's got pulled pork, baked beans, caramelized onions in a tortilla shell. Mmmmm...

Sandy B & Dick said...

BBQ is soooo heavenly! Now I'm wantin' some but don't have any room left after eatin' chocolate cake!

Marilyn said...

There just aren't any good BBQ places in this town. We pretty much only have mexican restaurants. I never wach TV so I probably wouldn't have recognized him but if I did recognize a celebrity I'd probably act like an idiot.

silverneurotic said...

Mmm, I'm not even a fan of BBQ but that sandwich looks really good!