Monday, June 30, 2008

Let's Talk About Sex

There is a local free publication that I pick up every time I walk by the CVS on the corner. The topics range from sports, to food, to events and this week, to sex. While you all know that I enjoy a little sexy reading every now and then, this issue intrigued me. So I snatched it up and began scanning it while I walked home.

One article in particular got my attention-the one about toys. Now, I'm not what you would call an extremely experienced girl, and I've only had a couple of toys in the past. My play tends to be more "natural" but I'm not opposed to trying new things. And if I could afford some of these toys, I'm pretty sure I'd take a weekend to experiment. :)


The toy posted above is the one I would choose. It's made of stainless steel (classy and durable) and it also can please both the man and the woman. But with a $95 price tag, I think I'm going to have to pass.

The other options that the article spoke about were glass (yikes!) and wood (ouch!). They claim that the glass is made of borosilicate which is an extremely durable glass. I'm not sure I'd like to risk it though. The plus side to these toys are that not only are they extremely smooth but they heat up to your body temperature. That's pretty neat...

The last thing I found interesting (or odd?) was the fact that lubricants now come in "vegan" formulas. I guess because I'm a meat eater (shut up) I never thought about the fact that there might be animal products in lubricants...then again, I've never been a huge fan of them, so I guess it's never been a problem.

So what do you think? Would you experiment with the glass or wood toys?

18 comments:

heather said...

i will admit i have a glass toy and it is one of my favorites... i also have a stainless steel toy, that i enjoy.

Callie Ann said...

Well, oh my was my first thought. Hmm upon further thinking. It needs a better girth. Never been into the toys, I have read alot about them. Saw a documentary on a glass one once. The thing was 1000 bucks.

It actually looks like something someone could kill someone with. Yikes. It skeers me.

Wish I had something clever to write. but honestly it isn't coming to me. Dang, Dang, Dang.

katherine. said...

glass.

however maybe if each of us sent Mags just one dollar (or two if you REALLY like her) then she could go out and puchase the toy of her dreams....

Kat said...

ROFL. That was a great post. I wonder if a Vegan truly ever wondered if there's animal products in their lube. That just cracked me up.

Glass sounds intriguing. I'd go with glass.

Danielle A. said...

Maybe "omnivore" would have been a better choice of words... er... maybe not... :)

Rocketstar said...

I like where this is going...

Claire said...

I must of seen the same documentary as callie about that glass one, they looked pretty good but bloomin expensive.

I am going to an Anne Summers party next week so maybe I will get a new toy :)

Ivanhoe said...

All I have is made of rubber (I think :o)
I don't think I'd try glass nor wood.

Mo said...

wood: um, no

not sure about the glass, either, honestly...

and frankly I'm really not sure what straight men would do with that neat looking stainless steel jobbie you got there, missy.

silverneurotic said...

It doesn't have to be made from animal products-the "vegan" label might must mean that it was not tested on animals, though, I could be wrong without looking at a list of the ingrediants.

Lois Grebowski said...

HUH?

crazy working mom said...

I've got my fair share of toys, my dear but none are made of glass or wood. It's also important to have some sort of cord or string for retrieval purposes. *giggle*

Anonymous said...

posting anonymously b/c my fam reads these blogs!

i have a glass toy and i actually really like it. i think you'd have to do something really crazy to break it ;), and i don't really need lube or anything with the glass.

there's my 2 cents!

Bond said...

A straight man would USE the toy on his partner...

just saying...

Travis said...

Veggan lube eh?

Marilyn said...

Some straight men would use on self... um, the prostate's in the same place on them, after all... Just pretend somebody else said this. Okay? No reason a nice girl like me would have this particular information.

I only have rubber/latex and plastic toys. I don't really see the point of wood but I would imagine it has been treated well to prevent splinters. The glass and stainless steel ones look nice but expensive. Some of them are really pretty so that if you didn't know what they were you might think they were sculptures.

Anonymous said...

Am I the only woman left in the world without "toys"?

If I were to get a toy I can assure you that it wouldn't be wood or glass.

Ron Simpson said...

Borosilicate is tough glass. They use it in nuclear waste storage. ahem...in the proper thickness, it should be pretty darn near unbreakabe....under normal um... usage. I imagine using it as a hammer might chip or break it.
As for using that thing on a man. No. I mean NO. No way. Enough of that. And it looks like a murder weapon. Colonel Mustard killed her! In the bedroom! With the stainless steel toy!
I will leave the meat eater comment well enough alone.