Friday, June 27, 2008

Fun Day??

So, I'm sure that most of you have had a few drinks with your co-workers and maybe even your bosses. Nothing out of the ordinary there, right? How many of you have been soaked down to your underwear with those same people?

No one? Well, today I marks a monumental occasion for me. Not only is it my first fun day, but it's the first time I've given a wet t-shirt show to everyone I work with.

Fun day...it started with breakfast (and drinks). We then did a scavenger hunt (which was fun-still don't know who won yet) and ended up on the common for some wiffle ball, lawn darts and other "fun" stuff. They also rented sausage carts, fried dough carts and lemonade carts for us...

Just as we were all getting together to eat, dark ominous clouds started rolling in. Then loud claps of thunder could be heard...and then...lightening.

Now, we are stranded in the middle of the common without our bus and without shelter. Ok-I lie-we had one tiny pop up tent and about 50 people. So, yeah-we knew we were going to be in trouble. And then....the rain.

It rained so hard that within 15 minutes the puddles had currents and were up past our ankles. We tried standing until the tent but it blew away. Plus, the park ranger told us to get away from the metal fence we were near. The bus was stuck in traffic somewhere so we had to wait. In the rain.

(A violent cloudburst dumped up to 3/4 of an inch of rain in 20 minutes this afternoon in metropolitan Boston, causing flash floods, pelting pedestrians with pea-sized hail, and uprooting trees with wind gusts near 50 miles per hour.)

And I had on a white t-shirt.

Oh, the joys of being new and being thrown into an embarrassing situation. Not only are 99% of the girls I work with skinny, trendy, pretty girls, but now I'm here in a white wet shirt clinging to all that is me.

Nice...

Luckily the bus made it and we all boarded and went back to the office. Fun day was cut about 2 hours short. I'm actually secretly glad because it was kind of awkward sitting there not knowing anyone yet. They were all in their little groups and I don't have one yet. Tonight's looking like it'll be fun though, so hopefully I'll have a better story then.

So here's a picture of me after fun day. Beautiful, I know. :)

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Some people just know how to make an entrance and then give people something to remember them by. : )

Sandy B & Dick said...

I'm sure you made a lasting impression in your white, wet T, complete with 'headlights' on!

crazy working mom said...

Most definitely beautiful. ;)

silverneurotic said...

Haha, where do you work and are they still hiring?!!

And no, I've never gone for drinks with coworkers before. Or bosses for that matter.

Melisa said...

You seriously do look very pretty in that photo, and I'm not just "blowing smoke up your ass". I love the natural look.

And you look happy, which will add to the beauty factor of everyone who has that feeling! :)

xoxo

Claire said...

Shit! I wish I looked like that after a fun day! woot :)

Mags said...

Well...thanks everyone-but...can you not see the makeup smeared all over my right eye? ;)

Travis said...

Sounds like your company understands a lot about team building. I'm sure you'll cacth on with a group soon.

Rocketstar said...

Uuummm... that picture is a little too close in, come on. ;o)

Mo said...

You are gorgeous - those cheekbones, that smile, the twinkle in your eye!
And hey - maybe some hot co-worker noticed your wet t-shirt assets!
:)

Lois Grebowski said...

Yep, what mo said... Oh, btw, love the new blog decor...nice place you got here...(not that the old one wasn't nice - I'm just partial to lime green)

:-D)

Thomas said...

That pic is rockin'. Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot, hot!!