Thursday, May 01, 2008

Cutest Girl EVER

As you know, my niece Rye Bread came to stay with me last weekend for our own little birthday celebration. During that time we talked a lot about Lancelot and Sophie and Zoe. Lancelot was my puppy and Sophie and Zoe were my cats. I haven't had Lance for a few years now and the cats have been gone for a while too...

Yet Rye Bread always says she misses them and asks why I had to put them up for adoption. She loves animals so it doesn't surprise me, but I find it funny that she's so fixated on these pets that I haven't had for a long time.

Tonight when I came home I had mail from my sister. Inside were pictures of Rye Bread in this years dance costume and a thank you note written by my niece. On the other side of the thank you note she wrote this:
My silly Rye Bread. Reason number 483920984832819703 why she's the greatest little girl ever.

4 comments:

Lois Grebowski said...

nieces are the bestest...my "baby" niece turns 22 tomorrow...auntie lois feels old.

katherine. said...

I am not an aunt...yet.

I wish my daughter had a great aunt like you...

Clancy in Idaho said...

So cute! I love kids and their innocence, pure love, and sincerity!

crazy working mom said...

So so sweet! :)