Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Randomivity



It's funny when someone says, "I don't talk a lot when I'm at work" and then they proceed to talk to you for over an hour about astrology and your sign.

I like being asked if I am 21 yet. I like it even better when I reveal my real age and the boy says, "Damn girl, you look good!" (He's a cute 23 year old!)

Just in case you were wondering, the proper response to, "I don't usually sound like a dude" is "That's ok; I usually don't have herpes on my lip."

When I got lunch from Panera on Monday I had no voice at all, but obviously had to order. I mimed that I couldn't talk and then hoarsely whispered and mouthed what I would like. When I went to pick up my sandwich and tea, and guy who made it handed me the cup and said loudly, "HOT" like he would to a 3 year old. Or someone who was deaf. (You know how people tend to talk louder for some stupid reason?) I found it to be funny that he didn't get it that I had a cold.

I like it that strangers gathered to cheer on runners of the marathon. It was nice to hear the encouragement and it reminded me that you don't need to know a person to make them feel good.

Being in love is wonderful unless it is one sided. Then it is just sad and lonely.

Breaking away from something your heart wants but your brain tells you is wrong may hurt at first. But taking control of your life and trying to start over can be liberating. (And scary)

Good friends who are funny, smart, caring and trustworthy are hard to come by and are worth fighting for, no matter what you have to get past to keep them.

Dating sucks ass and I am not looking forward to doing it again. Hopefully I won't have to for long. (Wish on a star for me!)

It's hard to order from a drive through when you have no voice.

Having a friend who is only your friend when it's convenient for them is Lame. (Don't worry, it's none of you.)

It's no good when you think you found a red Starburst but you did not.

12 comments:

Kat said...

Ordering when you have no voice is a real pain. Just went throught that last week. HOpe you're feeling better already.

And why is it that people start speaking loudly all of the sudden. I remember this lady when I was an Au Pair and she called and spoke on the phone. She then asked if I was family and I said 'no, I'm the Au Pair from Germany'. All of the sudden she raised her voice and started to speak really loud and slow, even though we had a normal conversation mere seconds ago. I thought that was hilarious.

Ivanhoe said...

I hope you get better soon and find your voice again :o)
I am wishing on THAT star for you!

Brian in Mpls said...

Wishing upon a Minnesota star for you:)



IMHO -
Lemon starbursts are the best

Rocketstar said...

Red starburst rule.

Bond said...

I laugh when people speak in a loud voice to a hard of hearing person...Like that is going to make it all better...

I have a red starburst...wanna share?

FRIGGA said...

I love your random posts, but my favorite line from this one is "you don't need to know a person to make them feel good" - It's just plain true and I like it! :-)

mauniejames3 said...

I really hope you feel better quickly...it stinks that now the weather is so nice in Boston and you don't feel well..we went to a real fun marathon party wish I knew you were out and about..there were a couple of really cute guys...they may have all been too old for you though......

Travis said...

It really sucks when you really did find a red Starburst, but it's out of the funky flavor package and isn't the straight cherry you thought it was going to be.

Hugs.

Linda said...

What I like about your randomivity is that it really isn't all that random in the big scheme of things and oftentimes makes more sense than things that are in order!

I've wished on that star for you!

crazy working mom said...

Why is it that you always need to yell at someone when you have no voice!

I love your random posts, by the way.

Amazing Gracie said...

Your "randomness" always makes me think. I wonder how you can keep coming up with such gems!
And wishing on a star is good...
~~~Blessings~~~

Danielle A. said...

I hate it when I think I found a red starburst in a room when it's kind of dark, and then I bite into it and it's really an orange one. That's a let-down.