Sunday, April 27, 2008

Random Rye Bread

This morning my niece woke me up at 7am to ask me if the museum was open yet. I told her no, and tried to go back to sleep, but she wasn't having it. While we lay in bed and talked about our plan for the day we some how got onto the subject of God and the beginning of the world.

As I was explaining Adam and Eve and let there be light she looked at me and said, "OK...but do you know the flag song?"

Um...OK.

"The song you sing at school after the pledge? That song?"

"Yeah. Do you know it?"

"Yes...why do you ask?"

"I dunno. Just wanted to know if you know it."

Apparently my rendition of the bible wasn't interesting enough for her...either that, or she regards the "flag song" as important as the beginning of the world.

3 comments:

Clancy in Idaho said...

LOL! I love the randomness of children! They never cease to amuse me!

Mo said...

Flag Song?
In Kentucky, we just said the pledge of allegiance and then got to work on school stuff - none of that fancy singing you talk about.

Marilyn said...

That's funny. I wonder what she thinks the flag song says. It took me forever to figure out what the words really are.