Monday, April 28, 2008

Manic Monday: Rip

This week's Manic Monday work is Rip and I'll tell you, I'm having one heck of a time coming up with something! It's probably no surprise to you at all that my mind went random and it went down hill from there...

In college I had a pair of Gap overalls that made boys drool. Every time I wore them my guy friends loved it and my boyfriend REALLY loved it. Naturally, they were my favorite and I wore them whenever possible. One Christmas break I was sitting in the middle of my bedroom and my sisters bedroom (they were connected) and I ripped the pocket of my beloved overalls on a nail that was raised up. I patched them, but they were never the same...

My great aunt is a large woman. She is also hysterical. Years ago she was at the movies with her friends and had to use the restroom, so she asked the stranger next to her if she could pass by him. Instead of standing up, he just leaned back so she could go by. As she did, she ripped one right in his face-unintentionally of course! She was mortified, but had to go sit down with her friends so she asked the stranger if she could pass again and he said, "As long as you don't fart in my face this time." I would have died right there on the spot. Honestly!

One of my classmates (who later dropped out) in culinary school was always kind of absent minded. He wasn't fantastic with a knife either, and one day he cut his finger. Noticing that it was bleeding a lot, he walked out and went to the bathroom. Apparently when he ripped the bandaid open, his hand flew up because when he re-entered the kitchen there was blood all over him-head to toe, all over his whites. He had no idea, which made it funny.

One of my formal dresses in high school was tight black velvet with gold studs all over it. It also had gold chain spaghetti straps. (Hey, it was the early 90's) It was a great dress back then and I felt good in it but when I was dancing one of the straps ripped and the front of the dress flapped over. Because it was a spaghetti strap dress, I didn' t have on a bra, and so my entire right breast was hanging out on the dance floor for all of the school to see. Luckily it was dark, and luckily one of the teachers had a pin.

Go see Morgen for more Manic Monday Minions.

12 comments:

Mo said...

Boob flappage at a high school dance, eh?
That's a rip-roarin' story!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

lots of good rip stuff mags! ha ha ha

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

anthonynorth said...

You've had a rip-roaring time at times, I see :-)
Some gRIPping yarns.

Clancy in Idaho said...

Lol! I thought you were having a hard time thinking of rip things... those were awesome! Best Manic Monday yet! :)
Have a good one!

Ivanhoe said...

OMG - I'm trying to imagine your aunt going back to her seat! I just couldn't... Great post, Mags!

Asara Dragoness said...

Yeah.. if I farted on a stranger, I'd find another way to get back to my seat. Even if I had to go like three rows up and all the way across and then climb over chairs to get back down to where my friends were. Kudos to her for making it by! :)

the teach said...

Great stories, mags!

Bond said...

So, you have an aunt who rips 'em and you flash 'em...

Nice family LOL

Travis said...

Love the random rippiness!

Happy MM!

Julie said...

Oh my....some funny stories here Mags!

Happy MM!

Kat said...

OMG Mags that post made me laugh so hard because I flashed my boobs for the same reason at our post grad party....I was absolutely mortified.

Marilyn said...

Oh gee... you were wearing a spaghetti strap dress with no bra? I had a strapless bra thing my mom made me wear. I was a little too curvy (overweight, I mean) to go without...