Monday, March 03, 2008

Manic Monday: Want

Monday's are MoMoLicious


I daydream. A lot.

Sometimes I'll "wake up" from a day dream only to find that I've arrived at a destination that took me two hours-and I don't even remember the trip. And sometimes, the dream will be so real that I feel the same emotions in real life that I did in the dream.

I've won $10 million and paid off all of my bills completely. I've put money away for my niece to go to college and bought my sister a house. I've sent another sister to art school and given her money to travel. Friends have gotten new cars or vacations and I have traveled the world. The people I love did not want for anything.

Once I met Ben Affleck at a night club for $50. Not many people showed up so I was able to talk with him one on one. Though I wasn't as smitten with him as I thought I would be, I was still excited to have spoken with him and asked if I could take a picture with him. He obliged but when it was time, my camera wouldn't work. Seeing how upset I was, Ben took his high tech camera phone out and told them to "use this". When we had the photo, he asked for my phone number and sent me the picture from his phone. Years later when It was time to renew my cell contract, I didn't want to give up my phone, because it had Ben's number on it.

Did you know I catered back stage at a concert for John Mayer? I did, and after it was over he came over to thank me for the wonderful food. I asked him what his favorite thing was that I made and he told me he liked it all. Then he asked what song of his was my favorite and I told him that I like most of them but one in particular always makes me choke up when I sing it. For some reason that really touched him, and he asked me out for a drink. After hours of talking and laughing, we decided to keep in touch and eventually we fell in love. It was hard to have a normal life because of his schedule, but we made it work and had 2 children and a dog. When he told the story of how we met, he never failed to tell them that he liked everything of mine, but I only liked "most" of his. We smile at each other and he kisses my forehead and continues to mingle. We're very happy and I don't want him to leave again.

It's not that I want any of these things to happen-though I don't think I would turn them down. I just have an overactive imagination and when something realistic pops into my head (playing the lottery, attending a political rally hosted by Ben or thinking about which of his songs John Mayer likes the best) I expand them into stories without even trying.

...And Waking Up Is The Hardest Part

25 comments:

Mo said...

I want some dreams with sexy guys like that - my dreams lately have been more on the weird side...

I want you to have a Wonderful Monday!

Gattina said...

What would we be without daydreams ? I think life would be boring.

Linda said...

I like the way your imagination works and it certainly makes things a little more interesting, right? I want to win the lottery for the same reasons you do but alas, first I need to buy a winning ticket so I guess I want to know the right numbers ahead of time! Sadly, I am left wanting ...

Ian Thomas Healy said...

Those are lovely dreams, Maggie. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Maybe by putting them out there in the universe, something might happen.

Ian

OneLuvGurl said...

I want your first dream! :) Happy MM!

Mine is here: http://blog.mysocalledsite.com/?p=270

crazy working mom said...

"I'm having daydreams about night things in the middle of the afternoon." :)

Danielle A. said...

One thing's for sure... no one can ever tell you that you don't have an active imagination. :)

Ivanhoe said...

Ooooh, that was nice dreaming... I agree, the waking up is baaaad!

Palm Springs Savant said...

nice dreams. I want that Ben Afleck story, except maybe add Matt Damon as well:-)

oh btw- foodie post for you today Mags!

Jamie said...

It is nice to know that someone else wakes to full blown stories of might have been lives. It would be nice if just one of them was there when you wake up.

The Flying Monkeys said...

I daydream that my house is clean. LOL

Great Monday Post " I just want your extra time and your kiss kiss" ( Prince). Come on over and check out what I want!

Lois Grebowski said...

Well, you know how weird my dreams have been. Who knows, one of those may happen?

Sounds convincing to me!

Brian in Mpls said...

Never let your dreams die

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

when i take a nap a dream i am taking a nap on a cruise ship and a cabin boy will make the bed after i leave...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxox

the teach said...

Mags, I'm just glad you can daydream. I'm not much good at daydreaming...I don't know why. You're lucky! Then you write so well about it. :D

FRIGGA said...

Ooh, those sound like wonderful adventures. I'd love to have dreams like that. Mine, well they don't tend to involve famous people. When I can remember them, they usually just leave me scratching my head in a "Am I really that weird?" kind of way. 8-)

Happy Monday!! :-)

Corina said...

Wow! You have the best and most detailed dreams I have heard of in a long time! I like that. You've got all the details. Most people only remember tiny bits of their dreams!

Neat post!

Marilyn said...

I do that too, but yours are way better.

Kat said...

I am with Marilyn. Had no idea that others had the same problem. I sometimes have no idea how I got to the place...this is a serious problem for me really.

Colette, aka Lil Sis said...

mmm I like the Jon Mayer one. Then I've always had a thing for a man and a guitar. ;)

Bond said...

I have that lottery dream so much, I believe it will happen (and YES, I play)

Travis said...

I used to have vivid daydreams. It sucks when you get too busy to do that anymore.

Happy MM!

Clancy Passey said...

And that, my dear, is what makes you an incredible writer. (and blogger for that matter) I told you when I first introduced myself that you should write a book. I've read published books that didn't draw me in as much as your single paragraph about John Mayer did. I wasn't kidding when I told you you should write. I'll be your biggest fan when you're famous! (now... daydream a story about how you got started on your blogs, and your biggest fan was one of your early encouragers whom you've never met in real life!) You're fantastic and always bring a smile to my face!

MightyMom said...

I do the same thing actually, occasionally I find myself talking out loud to someone who's only there in my daydream.......call me crazy.

but I find I daydream more when real life is harder, it's a coping mechanism...gets me through the rough patches.

Julie said...

Mmmmmm you've got some good stuff going on in that head of yours!