Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I Feel...Pretty?

The last few weeks I've been feeling really great about myself. I managed to lose a little bit of weight with little effort and have just felt like I was really successful in life. The last few days, however, I have not. I've fallen off of the diet wagon (Saturday) and it just continued from there. I know that this isn't the end of the world, but I was doing so well.

Then on Sunday night I didn't sleep but 2 hours due to a horrible sore throat. I went into work for a few hours and came home and slept for 13 hours. Tuesday was pretty much the same and today I stayed out completely and just rested. Needless to say, the diet wasn't followed at all.

After I showered tonight and started feeling a tad bit better, I found myself wanting to feel pretty again. So I game myself a pedicure and painted my nails, groomed my eyebrows and deep cleaned my face.

By the way-am I the only person who is addicted to Biore pore strips? I know it's fairly gross, but I LOVE seeing little dirty spikes on that strip when I pull it off. I almost want to do it twice, but I don't. Incidentally, they have new improved strips with tea tree oil in them. Very cool...

I've also been bored with my jewelry recently. I love rings and haven't gotten a new one in about 3 years. That's a LONG time. My friend Paige has a jewelry website and I immediately fell in love with this: It's simply, and that's why I like it. It should be arriving very soon, and I can't wait!

I'm having trouble writing lately. There's a lot going on with work and baking and it's just taking up my energy. So, bare with me while I work that out.

8 comments:

FRIGGA said...

I'm not much of a jewelry girl, I'd rather get stuff for my car or some new music, etc... But I do do do understand how fun it is to feel girlie! And I also think the ring is very pretty :-)

Hey, I tagged you, I don't know if you do tags, so don't feel obligated. But if you'd like to, please post it! :-)

Clancy Passey said...

I love the ring! Don't worry about your diet wagon, you'll get back on! You are still lovely. Scream at that voice in your head that tells you otherwise to shut up! It's just a liar anyway. The real you knows you are awesome! :)

I also love the Biore nose strips, however, my skin got very sensitive skin after I had second baby since then they make my skin freak out now! :( Maybe I should try the tea tree oil ones? There is definitely something satisfying about those spikes!
(don't feel obligated about my tag either!) :)

Kimberly Pye said...

And where is this jewelry web site? We want in!

Brian in Mpls said...

Just post pictures of your baking creations or what you are doing:)

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

feel better honey, and never try to diet when you are sick!!!

smiles, bee
xoxooxoxoxoxoxox

silverneurotic said...

It is hard picking yourself up and getting back into things such as diets or exercising...after a few days you start going back into your old mindset. But it only takes a day or two back "on" to remember why you started this in the first place and go back to your good habits.

~pe~ said...

thanks for the props sister! it should be there any day now!! i know you'll love it.

Travis said...

Don't beat yourself up about falling off the diet for a few days. It's tough to stick with it when you don't feel well.

Pamper yourself...wait...you already did that.

Buy yourself something pretty...oh wait. You already did that too!

OK...rinse and repeat I say!

Cheers my dear!