Thursday, March 06, 2008

Gooey Gobs-Redux

The following was originally posted on 7/13/05...



You know when you see someone with something gooey or crusty stuck in the corner of their eye or their mouth? And you don't want to look, but you have to? I was that girl today! The one with something in the corner of my mouth! EEWWWWW! Luckily, I noticed it right away, in the beginning of my day, but it still mortified me.


And also, it was only lipstick.


The lipstick was brown though. Imagine what people were thinking.


There I was standing in line at Duncan Donuts smiling at people as they walked by me. "Wow", I thought, "That hot guy just totally checked me out!" Little did I know he was smiling because he thought perhaps I had eaten shit for breakfast!


Thinking back, the scary "I wear glasses too big for my face" lady behind the counter looked at my mouth when I ordered. At the time, I thought that maybe she was just so blind that she couldn't tell where my eyes were. It was that kind of head tilted back I'm looking through the bottoms of my glasses look. You know it? But no-quite the opposite. Her gargantuan glasses were probably making the tiny dark glob in the left corner of my mouth look like the black hole. No wonder why she got my coffee for me so fast.


Here's my thing: Whyyyyy would you not say, "You have something on your lip"? I mean, it's obviously there-and it obviously makes you uncomfortable, so don't you think I'D want to know? I can understand the hot guy not saying something to me-but the big glasses lady?! I mean, c'mon! SHE must understand what it's like to feel alienated! Wouldn't she want to stop someone else from feeling that way?!?! Or maybe she was oddly comforted knowing someone else was going to get weird glances...


In any case, I think that the rule should be: No matter how uncomfortable you feel or how inappropriate you may think it is, you MUST tell someone if they have:


1. Something in their teeth
2. A booger-anywhere
3. Eye snot
4. A big glob of anything on their mouth or face
5. Toilet paper stuck-anywhere
6. Their underwear showing by accident.


By the way, you've got a little suttun suttun goin on over there...

9 comments:

Brian in Mpls said...

I agree you have to tell them:)

silverneurotic said...

Hehe, you just made me check myself in the mirror. I still had that crusty sleepy stuff in the corners of my eyes so that was a good save!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

naw, i'm the one that WILL tell you!

smiles, bee
xoxoxooxxooxoxo

Clancy Passey said...

I agree, and will make a conscious effort forthwith to protect strangers' dignity by telling them of their goo-factor. I just hope that karma will be so kind that others will do the same for me!

Josh said...

Hahaha, your blog puts a smile on my face!

FRIGGA said...

Haha - I love how you put the "by accident" on the underwear showing - because sometimes people mean to show it off I guess 8-0

I am actually a freak who will probably contract pink eyes someday because I'm always touching my face - the corners of my eye to check I don't have the dreaded eye snot, and my mouth anytime I've put any food or drink even close to my face.

Yes, I know, I am a freak - but hey, at least no hot guys will think I ate ---- okay sorry, but that part was very very funny :-0

Julie said...

I agree completely and with some element of tact WILL tell people.

crazy working mom said...

I watched a special hidden camera show on this last night. I think it was 48 hours or something of that sort. They put spinach in a girl's teeth and she served around 50 people coffee. There were only three or four people that told her. Lots of people licked their teeth, though hoping that she would do the same. Funny that you posted this today.

Oh, and I would SO tell you if you had crap on your mouth even if it looked like lipstick. ;)

James said...

A great deal of effective info for me!
cool android gadgets | sunglasses reviews | new makeup tips