Monday, March 24, 2008

Dear Boston

While you are a lovely city & I love, love, love you, your cops suck.

I have lived in 2 other states while having a license and have gone 13 years without incident. No parking tickets, accidents or speeding tickets. I abide the law, I don't drive like a mad woman and I don't weave in and out of traffic.

Yet-you target me. I don't even know how many tickets I have gotten since moving here in November, but it's in the double digits. And what really drives me nuts is while I am on the side of the road, there are tons of people doing worse things than what I was doing.

Stop picking on me. I can not afford the tickets, nor can I afford an insurance increase. The more you ticket me, the less I can explore this great city and therefore will not spend money which will help the recession grow.

Oh-and by the way-pulling me over on the side of a very narrow tunnel is not safe. In fact, I'll argue that it is less safe than the 10 miles per hour over the limit I was going.

13 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

oh drat!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

katherine. said...

you are in the big city now....it's called revenue generation.

Maybe you need a Red Sox bumper sticker or something.

(is there something on your car or license plate which might clue them in you might not be a Boston native?)

Travis said...

Wear your SAWX cap when you drive. I hear the law in Beantown is mad about gals who love the SAWX.

Cheers!

Kai said...

Were any of them good looking at least???

:-)

Kat said...

The car issue is among the only things that really suck by living in a big city.

Brian in Mpls said...

Is it cause you have out of town plates?

Nikki57 said...

Wait a minute. In the Boston area it is well known that the speed limit is really the posted speed limit plus 10 you shouldn't get a ticket for that :P

Linda said...

Wow - that sucks moose. I gotta remember if I'm ever in Boston to take my foot off the gas a bit because I tend to drive with the flow of traffic and not at the posted limits. Plus I don't have a SAWX sticker on my car either!

craig andrew said...

Hello,

That is why, when I visit Beantown, I always take the train. (And I think katherine is right, a newer license plate might do that. In Wyoming it was having a Colorado plate that was like asking for a ticket...they called them "greenies".)

C:)

Desert Songbird said...

Bummer.

Colette, aka Lil Sis said...

If you have out of town plates, that's your problem. But I do have a friend from there that say the cops suck royally anyway up there, I would just start leaving a little earlier hun..speaking of, I have your cell stored in my phone. I'll be getting there tomorrow and will give you a call!

silverneurotic said...

That really sucks. :(

Julie said...

Yikes! Double digits? In just a few months? I'm sorry.