Flour 1 1/4 C.
Baking Soda 1 t.
Salt 1/2 t.
Eggs 2, at room temperature
Vanilla 1/2 t.
Butter, unsalted 1/2 C. at room temperature
Sugar 1 C.
Very Ripe Bananas 4
Walnuts, Chopped 1/2 C.
Cinnamon 1 t.
*Line muffin tin with paper muffin cups and lightly grease the top of the pan.
1. In a bowl, whisk flour & baking soda together. This takes the place of sifting.
2. Cream butter and sugar together in a mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time until incorporated.
4. Add salt & cinnamon, then bananas. Batter will look curdled and lumpy.
*It is important on this next step to NOT OVER MIX the batter. Also, work quickly so that you get the most rise-ability from the baking soda.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
6. Stir in most of the nuts, reserving some for the topping.
7. Fill cups 3/4 of the way, sprinkle with nuts and bake for 15-18 minutes.
DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN FOR THE FIRST 15 MINUTES. You will make your muffins flat. ;)
8. Enjoy-I suggest while they are warm.
*Over mixing will cause toughness in your final product.
*Always bake with room temperature items unless otherwise noted-crusts usually require cold butter, but for muffins, we like room temp.