Said by me, in response to a very suggestive (and somewhat impressed look) when I said that I had pearls for sale at home.
Yes, the restaurant business is strange...
1. Mudsliding is fun
2. Even when you think you are in a loving, secure relationship, it can be affected by peer pressure and your security can be taken away. Even if it's the day after Valentine's Day.
3. Moving to a state where I knew no one and having the best time of my life recreating who I wanted to be.
4. Silence on Main Street USA, after hours, while standing in front of Cinderella's Castle.
5. Watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks in a hammock on the Polynesian Resort's beach with someone who loved me.
6. Almost being run over by a car by my ex-husband while he was on his first suicide run. Wow comes in b/c I didn't think he'd continue driving while I was in the driveway. I was wrong.
7. Being given a gift certificate to a food store by colleagues and some friends the Christmas of my divorce because they knew I couldn't afford food.
8. Holding my (then) sick niece while she lay limp in my arms, rocking and singing to her until she fell asleep. The Wow comes in because for the first time in my life, I realized what unconditional love meant.
9. Shivering and hiding in a slide at a park up the street because I thought I was going to get beat up again. The Wow comes in when I realized that I was the girl in the movies, and that I had to do something before it had a tragic ending.
10. Talking on the phone until 2am with a man who restored my faith in men. The Wow comes in because he was just as wonderful in person.
11. Being breathless after a kiss.
12. Granted access to culinary school and actually going.
13. Stepping inside of my dream of becoming a chef every day I wake up.