Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Weekly Review in Boston

Last week in Boston:

*I went to my very first hockey game ever and liked it a lot. I think I might go to another one soon. The only thing that bothered me a little bit was how excited people got when two players beat the shit out of each other.

*Found another connection. I've gone to places around the city before and am slowly figuring out how they all connect to each other. When the light bulb goes off, it makes me smile. It means I'm closer to really calling Boston home.

*Finally found Haymarket and fell instantly in love. It's crazy and crowded with vendors yelling and people shuffling money back and forth. I bought 6 lemons for a dollar and Greg got 3 pounds of bananas for a dollar. 3 POUNDS! I could have gotten a whole box of asparagus for $3 but didn't have anymore cash. Did I mention that I love Haymarket?

*Got LOTS of pastries and rainbow cookies at Mike's Pastry in the north end.

*Had breakfast at Zaftigs and decided that I shall go back for lunch soon.

This week in Boston:

*Hosting an outing to a local improv show in the north end. There will be 6 of us, and it should be a great time. This will be the farthest I've traveled by T alone at night.

*Re-arranging my living room after the Christmas tree is taken down, putting up 2 pictures, finding a pot rack and hanging my magnetic knife rack. Dishes must be done too.

*New Year's Eve in Boston with strangers. I'm a little sad that I'm going to be spending New Year's with strangers, but everyone else has plans and I don't want to sit alone in my new city while the new year rolls in. I plan on having tons of fun, regardless of who I am with.

In the works:

*Currently trying to locate the best venue to host a wine tasting event.

*Planning a get together at my place with a few girls I've met over the last month.

*Buying Red Sox tickets.

10 comments:

katherine. said...

my house!!! come host the wine event at my house...

Kat said...

Mags, I hope you had a lovely Christmas and didn't mind too much having to go to work the day after. I'm in work as well though it is lovely when you find a bottle of wine on your desk from your boss.

Lois Grebowski said...

Enjoy the new year...2008 is going to be great!

Brian in Mpls said...

I knew I should have moved

Mags said...

Katherine: If you were closer there would be no way you could stop me!!

Kat: That is lovely! I got a pretty scarf from my boss. :)

Lois: 2008 will be GREAT...

Brian: No doubt in my mind...(shaking my head)

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Love your attitude about New Years. Get out there and make your own history in Boston. Mags ROCKS! :)

Linda said...

Now that I look at the pictures of Haymarket, the lightbulb went off as to where it is - duh! As for Mike's Bakery in the North End, the last time I was in Boston we went by there and the line was out the door and down the road so had to get a cannoli elsewhere - bummer!

Sounds to me like you are becoming quite the Bostonian already and are definitely fitting right into your new city. As for New Year's - at least you aren't working like I am so I guess that being with strangers having a good time might not be so bad after all. Besides, they might not all be strangers by the time the night is over and it beats sitting home alone, right?!?

Hamel said...

I'm thrilled you seem to enjoy Boston. Was there last Friday for a field trip with my students.

Why do people enjoy two men beating the shit out of each other? Because we'd all love the opportunity, deep inside, to test ourselves.

Travis said...

Quite the city girl you've become!

And hockey is the best sport to watch live.

FRIGGA said...

Haymarket sounds awesome, I love hidden treasures like that! I bet you did have fun on New Years Eve! WhoooHooo for getting Red Sox tickets!! :-)