Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Randomivity

*Hockey is fun to watch live.  Although I did get a little sad at how excited the fans get when the players are beating the shit out of each other...
 
*When someone who knows you well says, "You're going to think it's a weird gift" they're probably right.  (But that doesn't mean it's not a good gift)
 
*I can see clearly now the...oh, wait.  I can't see.  That's right.  :)
 
*Learning new stories about you grandparents is nice.
 
*Toy parrots can sometimes look real.
 
*I stuck up for my Mother & my Nana on Christmas Eve and shut my wicked aunt up.  Then I was told by my real aunt that she wished she had the balls to do that herself.
 
*Overheard on Christmas Day: Don't sit on the toilet seat, it has a hole in it....That's OK, I have a crack in my butt, so it doesn't matter"
*Going to the cemetery against your will is so not fun.  Especially when you stay in the car and everyone else goes to the grave.
 
*I still think it's weird that people find comfort visiting bones in the ground. (Do not stand at my grave and cry, I am not there, I did not die)
 
*It is HARD to lay a rug under your bed all by yourself.
 
*Waking up the day after Christmas because you have to work stinks-big time.
 
*Medicine changed my life. 
 

12 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

happy day after christmas honey!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxox

Mags said...

Same to you Ms Bee. :)

Lois Grebowski said...

Sounds like you had a very interesting Christmas!

:-D)

Here's to a great new adventure in Botson... 2008 is going to be great!

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

I have an evil aunt just like you do. We talked about how we hated her yesterday. Made me laugh out loud. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas eve. :)

Mo said...

Can I just come and have you lie down on the rug and I'll cry then?

I don't like visiting graves of people I know, but I love walking through anonymous cemeteries, how weird is that?

**Medicine changed my life, too.

Rocketstar said...

A rug under your bed?

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

Merry Christmas!!! Here's to a fabulous 2008 :-)

Bond said...

Merry Christmas... We are not visiting bones...we are visiting the monument to those who have gone before us...

BUT, I understand your desire not to go and that is fine also

Mags said...

Bond: I can appreciate that answer and know that it gives people comfort, which I also appreciate. :)

Travis said...

You probably should have put the rug down before you put the bed there.

LOL!

Mags said...

Trav: Why didn't I think of that?!?!

(I got the rug as a house warming gift-about 2 weeks ago!)

FRIGGA said...

Sorry it's been a while, I think I missed some posts before this one... In any case, my comments: I've been to 1 hockey game and yes, it was a blast! What's wrong with your eyes? I love learning about my ancestors, I think geneology is in my future. Kudos for doing the right thing, I bet lots of people wish they could do that. I think visiting grave sites is for the living, a way to feel a little more connected, it's hard to describe. But you shouldn't be forced to go.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! :-)