Thursday, December 27, 2007

Minus One

I went in to buy a belt, and came out with a jacket, pants and two shirts. (And the belt) I didn't intend on buying the extra clothes, but when I tried on the size I am accustomed to wearing, I found that they all were too big! When I tried on the next size down, they fit like a glove and boy, did I look goo-od. I couldn't resist.

The sales people at Lane Bryant don't get excited for you when you excitedly tell them that the clothes you are buying are a size smaller than you would have bought a month ago. I suppose I understand, I mean, when I am transformed into a hot skinny girl again, I will no longer have to buy their $45 shirts and $69 dollar pants. My flub means money to them.


You can't really see the color in the picture, but this is my new outfit. It's a gray suit (jacket & pants) with a crazy cool flimsy shirt with yellow and black and gray on it. I'm excited because it is the type of outfit that I can mix and match (Stacy & Clinton would be so proud!) and can dress up for work or down for, oh I don't know-a comedy show! Tomorrow night I'm wearing this top with jeans and black boots.

So yay for 1 size smaller! Oh, and to the crazy girl on the street who said I needed to lose weight-you'd better watch out, because when I become a hot sexy skinny girl, your boyfriend's gonna want me. ;)

15 comments:

Desert Songbird said...

Yay for you for losing weight! Even if the Lane Bryant sales people are thrilled for you, I am. I know how tough it is, especially when one loves food as much as you and I do.

Oh, and did you say a girl on the street told you to lose weight?! A total stranger said that to you?!?!?! What gall! Just wait until you are your hot, svelte self...

katherine. said...

If...I had a boy friend...laughing.

atta girl...how the hell did you lose weight THIS time of year???

Akelamalu said...

I just love it when that happens! Unfortunately it hasn't happened to me in a while! :( However my New Year's Resolution is to lose 2 dress sizes, so wish me luck. :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to comment, I hope you'll call again. :)

Kat said...

Congratulations on losing weight, during Christmas season no less. I bet it is all the city walking. I'm really excited and happy for you.

~pe~ said...

Go you!! Love the clothes. Very nice!!
Next time someone makes a comment about your weight you just call me up and I will get on over there for a bitch slip to their face

Mags said...

DS: Yup. A total stranger. Nice, huh? Thank you for the encouragement. :)

Katherine: I've been walking A LOT more than I usually do...city life is good for me. :)

Akelamalu: Good luck! I have tickets to a game in June and my goal is to not have to be uncomfortable sitting in the seats (though at Fenway, I think everyone is uncomfortable!)

Kat: It is indeed the city walking! Thanks chica!

PE: I saw this comment in my email and I was like, "Who the hell is PE?" LOL...Yes, indeed-I will let you know if there is a next time. I could use someone to bitch slap a few people. ;)

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

That is great! Now if only I could get that to happen since none of my clothes fit anymore!!!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

woo hoo!!! excellent mags! and the outfit is darling too...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

Hmmm ... okay ... so what you're telling me here is that I need to move to Boston to lose weight? The Boston Diet definitely seems to be working for you - many congrats on dropping the whole size.

However, now that I've said that, let me just say that you are a fantastic looking person no matter what size you are. You don't need to be skinny to be a hot chic so get that notion right out of your head as not all skinny chicks are hot - some of them look downright emaciated! You have a gorgeous smile and beautiful hair and a fantastic personality and if I were a guy, I'd think you were hot already.

As for Clinton and Stacy, they wouldn't be happy unless you have those nasty pointed shoes to go along with that great new outfit! Did you get the nasty pointed toe shoes?? Can a person walk in those in the city? In the winter?

Hmmm ...

Lois Grebowski said...

I second Linda... Beautiful at any size!

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Way to go Mags. It's a big deal and I so love it when I go down a size. Congratulations. :)

Danielle A. said...

Congrats on the weight loss and on the new clothes! Looks like city livin' is being kind to you. ;)

tegdirb92 said...

yay for the size smaller and the outfit is gorgeous!!

Travis said...

Congratulations!

FRIGGA said...

WhoooHooooo! Yay for going a size smaller, I love that feeling too! :-)