Thursday, December 27, 2007

Clearly

As 2007 comes to a close, people everywhere are compiling lists-best movies, worst red carpet gowns and a plethora of others that I can not even begin to write about. This morning when I turned on my 'puter I saw a list that I thought would be funny: "Weirdest Sports Stories of 2007".

Sure enough, it was amusing but you know there is one that I need to openly post. Vinny-close your eyes...

4. Man, that bugged me

There's no other way to get around this, but in 2007 it became abundantly clear that God hates the Yankees.

How else can you explain
the plague of locusts that He sent to torment Joba Chamberlain just when the Bombers were on the verge of tying up their divisional series with the Indians at a game apiece?


OK, so they were technically midges, an insect related to the mosquito. But we're claiming poetic license in this instance.


Clearly disturbed by the insects that were swarming around his head, face and neck, Chamberlain surrendered the tying run in the bottom of the eighth inning, setting the stage for the Indians' dramatic win in the 11th.

After taking the Sabbath off (allowing the Yankees to win Game 3), God came back strong in Game 4. And while none of the Bronx Bombers busted out in unhealable sores (at least, that we know of) and frogs didn't rain down from the heavens, Chien-Ming Wang did suffer a meltdown of Biblical proportions, allowing Cleveland to advance to the ALCS.

...Yup, He smote the Yankees alright, and if anyone ever doubted the power of prayer, the proof is in the pennant.

6 comments:

Kat said...

Hehe...that is funnny...Well not so much for the Yankees or their fans but still.

katherine. said...

however those RedSox tickets are gonna be expensive....

everyone has desserted the Yankees...Vinny....Torre...and now the Lord....

Mags said...

:) 2 tickets bought by me for June for $55 each. Not horrible seats either.

Yay!

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

I haven't a clue Mags since I don't follow sports of any kind. Okay, I don't even watch television. :)

Thomas said...

Holy shit! Sandee doesn't watch telly?! Wicked! I need it, however. How else am I gonna see sexyboy Tom Brady go for a perfect regular season tomorrow night?

FRIGGA said...

Hehe, funny stuff! :P