Friday, October 12, 2007

Tequila!

Tequila is one of those drinks that people often warn you about. I know at least two people who have stories about tequila that involve waking up on a beach and not knowing how they got there. Unfortunately, these are also the people who no longer drink tequila.

My love of tequila began in college. My very first tequila shot is forever immortalized in pictures and when I look back at it, I smile. Part of my lure to this powerful liquor originally was the pride that I could handle it. But later, I grew to love its flavor.

Tequila reminds me of vacation, of kicking back and relaxing on a beach until I am sunburned and happy. Perhaps this is where my love of Mexico, Mexican food, and the Mexican people began. But tequila is much, much more than this, and many people have never tasted truly delicious and high quality tequilas.

The Tequila Guy is a highly informative site all about tequila! If you are like most people and don't know much about it, there is an "About Tequila" page. There are even links to recipes, chat rooms and news! This is truly the site you want to have bookmarked during this Tequila Renaissance. Don't get left behind-tequila is where it's at.

1 comment:

Mo said...

ugh - I hallucinated once from tequila that had been spiked with mescal. NEVER again.