Friday, October 12, 2007

Tequila Drinks

This is not a paid ad...

Yes, I just did a paid post about The Tequila Guy. Yes, I am writing about it again. Because the recipe link kicks ass. I am in the process of figuring out my bar for December's big catering gig. Of course, there will be classics: Wine & Beer (I was told "LOTS of this") but also tequila for margaritas and other alcohols for mixers. I am fairly certain that I will have 2 featured martini's as they are the "in" drink at the moment...I'm trying to get a good Christmasy flavored one, and then maybe like a Cosmo...we'll see.

Back to the point: There are TONS of cool drink recipes using tequila on this site. I particularly like the Matador: 2 oz. Tequila (how could it bad?) 1 oz. lime juice, 4 oz pineapple juice and ice. I am not kidding you when I tell you that my mouth is watering as I type the ingredients.

I was also drawn to Tequila Mockingbird-mainly because To Kill a Mockingbird is my most favorite book. I'm not sure I would like this drink though, because it's minty. But, I'm willing to try it out!

Shady Lady also sounds yummy. (Now that's something you don't often hear a straight girl say!) It's 1 oz Tequila, 1 oz Midori, 4 oz grapefruit juice, ice, lemon slice & a cherry...though, I wouldn't think that the cherry would come with this drink!

The point is-this site is pretty darned cool, and if you like mixing drinks or you entertain a lot-you should check it out.

6 comments:

Kat said...

I love a good cocktail but haven't mixed anything with Tequila yet. So far I only drank shots. The hubby and I both don't drink. Funny thing is we still manage to have quite an array of alcohol at home. Now that I come to think about it - this is so weird.

C-Unit said...

1, you should be paid double for promoting the tequila guy twice!
2, im all for cosmos at this party!!!

katherine. said...

Tequila...is...um...dangerous...

craxy working mom said...

Hubby likes tequila. I can't drink it. It makes my tummy not feel so good! :(

Palm Springs Savant said...

excellent-thanks for the tip, I was trying to think of some new cocktails for the halloween party!

Rocketstar said...

sounds delicious.