Thursday, October 11, 2007

On Another Note...

For today's first post, click HERE. But here's a bonus post for ya, because I loves you baby!

Morgen has posted another lovely post about his trip...this time, it covers our trip to the beach. Stop by and say hi to him and take a look at the pictures of our fun day...here's one of me being silly and showing off our Iggy's bag (which is filled with yummy fried goodness, of course!)


There is also a picture of someone wearing fairy wings...it's a must see. ;)

On another totally random note, we just had a fire drill at work. I haven't had a fire drill since my sophomore year in college-which is the last time I lived in a dorm. (That technically might not be true about it being the last one-but I may have dreamt that. I'll have to check.)

In any case, I was on the phone with the travel desk trying to book flights to Vienna for MONDAY...last minute overseas trips are hard to book. She had me on hold when the drill began. So I waited for as long as I could (someone came in and yelled at me) and hung up.

On the way out, I walked to the nearest exit like I'm supposed to and was stopped by a large handwritten sign that said:

This exit blocked by thick, heavy smoke!!

We are the kind of company that has security passes and a homeland security person on site-yet we have ghetto signs for our fire drills.

At least it stopped raining...

10 comments:

Kat said...

You look so happy and cute in this picture. Gosh you gotta love it. Fire drills in work are great. I love them. Gives you a break and chit chat while you are outside waiting to return to your workplace :)

Colette, aka Lil Sis said...

Jayk would have a blast if our work did stuff like that! Being the certified firefighter he is:-)

C-Unit said...

My sissy is so frickin cute!!!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

try lufstansia, they have commercials on today for cheap last minute flights...

smiles, bee

Linda said...

You look like you should be a model for Iggy's - they need to hire you as their spokesman! And Amanda can vouch for the yummy goodness that was in that bag!

You just look so darned happy, I love this picture!!

Mimi Lenox said...

What a great shot!

crazy working mom said...

That is an adorable photo of you, Mags. You look so cute, and happy! :)

Mo's post was awesome. You guys made us all feel like we were celebrating an awesome weekend right along with you. I'm glad you all had such a lovely time.

Kat said...

@ empress bee, do you mean Lufthansa? Just wondering who has those cheap fares.

katherine. said...

it is a great picture....photoshop in a gift box and use it for Christmas cards...laughing...

Mo said...

That is an awesome picture of you, if I do say so myself (since I was the photographer, I think I WILL say that!).
You could give old Vanna White a run for the money! Or at least a run for the doughboys! Damn, I could go for some of that clam chowder right now!
(and a doughboy, too!)