Thursday, October 18, 2007

House Update

Thank you everyone for the congratulations and happy dances you all are doing for me today! I'm quite excited myself. To update you, the 2nd couple who looked at the house last night did not put an offer in. Ching called and asked if it was ok to counter offer as we discussed, and I agreed.

A little later on he called back to tell me that the buyers could only come up with $4000 for closing, and the best they could do was $500 back to me. Because I was set to accept the entire $4500 concession, I agreed.

Tonight Ching will come over after work and I will officially accept the offer in writing. Within 2 weeks the house will be inspected, and if everything passes, I will begin looking for an apartment. I am not looking until then because I am not willing to put a down payment on an apartment when the deal here may fall through.

I do not yet know where I will look. I have put calls into my chef's at school to get letters of recommendation from them, as well as get contact names of people in Boston that they know. I will continue applying for administrative jobs in Boston and if I get a call, I will go to the interviews. If not, my mind is made up for me, and I will stay here for a little while longer.

Thanks again to you all...

10 comments:

Rocketstar said...

Let the packing begin!!!

Kat said...

Arrrgh I hate moving. I hope the offer will go through and you will seal the deal. I wouldn't look for anything else before that either. Gosh this is exciting to almost follow this as the events unfold :) Best of luck with everything Mags.

Tom said...

You are now one step closer to finding your very own Boston boy (a la' Matt Damon).

katherine. said...

give away
throw away
pack away

you are kinda on the threshold of a wonderful adventure!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

Congratulations. Fingers crossed that everything works out.

Mags said...

Rocket: Or...not. LOL. I only have 5 boxes. I was going to pack up a closet tonight, but *somehow* found other things to do...hey, you don't have boxes left, do ya? ;)

Kat: I'm with ya on this one sister. I am not a fan of the move either.

Tom: I was thinking more like his steamy hot friend Ben...

Katherine: :)

Silver: Thank you so much!!!

Travis said...

Sounds like a good plan. Don't forget to have fun! Moving is a chore and finding a job in Boston is a chore, but it's also steps to your goal.

And those should be fun!

Amazing Gracie said...

To be so young and to have your s&it altogether and well-thought out! Goals and plans - something I didn't learn in school!!!
Congrats again, dear girl...
Love,

Colette, aka Lil Sis said...

Good for you Mags! I'm glad it's going smoothly so far. I know that things can fall through but I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that they don't! ;-)

Marilyn said...

Whoohooo!