Monday, October 15, 2007

Food, Food, Food!

Kat from My Two Cents (besides being lovely) tagged me to do a Food, Food, Food meme...and since I love Food, Food, Food and Kat rocks (Anyone who's blog url is "inyourfacesuckers" has to be cool!) I'm a gonna do it!

1. How do you like your eggs? I pretty much like all eggs. I love omelets (bacon & cheese), baked eggs, poached eggs and sunny side up eggs. Scrambled is good too. If I had to choose only one for the rest of my life thought, it would be sunny side up, with rye toast. Without the rye it's a no go...

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? As someone commented the other day, "You're gonna need like 20 of those, aren't you?" I like my coffee light. I sometimes put sugar in it depending on my mood.

3) Favorite breakfast food: Eggs, corned beef hash, bacon, rye toast with oj and coffee.

4) Peanut butter-smooth or crunchy? Smooth, though when I have a peanut butter, banana and honey sandwich (YUM) I like it crunchy.

5) What kind of dressing on your salad? Ideally, blue cheese.

6.)Coke or Pepsi? Coke-preferably Cherry please.

7) You're feeling lazy, what do you make? A bagel

8) You're feeling really lazy, what kind of pizza do you order? Pepperoni and mushroom, well done.

9) You feel like cooking. What do you make? This is impossible for me to answer. I want to make everything...too many recipes, too little Guinea pigs and money!

10) Do any foods bring back good memories? Spinach dip-not the hot kind, the kind you put in hollowed out bread and use the guts to eat the dip. My family parties almost always have this. I never have it anywhere else, either. Also, thin garlic/cheese sausage on the grill reminds me of summers at my Nana's house by the pool with all my cousins, and my beloved Papa.

11) Bad memories? Well, my bad memory is also one of my favorite culinary school memories-does that count? Liver-we were all so eager to taste it prepared with a delicious sauce but when we all took a bite it was disgusting. My favorite was Know-It-All's face...he looked like he was going to cry.

12) Any food remind you of someone? Sure, lots...Doritos remind my of my sister C-Unit, Bananas, pine nuts and bean sprouts remind me of my Papa, my cheesy salsa dip reminds me of my sister Flipper, pudding reminds me of my friend Megan, Pumpkin almost anything reminds me of Greg, sometimes hot dogs remind me of my friend Kurt. And that doesn't include culinary school, b/c you every type of food reminds me of someone there.

13) Is there a food you refuse to eat? Tongue, though I debate whether it is food or not.

14) What was your favorite food as a child? As crazy as it seems, a provolone and spicy mustard sandwich on Bastone bread from NY...we moved away to CT and couldn't get good bread or cheese...visiting was always so yummy.

15) Is there a food that you hated as a child but like now? Spinach

16) Is there a food you liked then but hate now? Spaghetti & Clam Sauce, because we had to eat it so friggen often! (I guess it was cheap)

17) Favorite fruits/veggies: Pineapple, strawberries & peaches, broccoli, string beans and corn.

18) Favorite junk food: French Fries-crispy with ketchup.

19) Favorite between meals snack: String Cheese at room temperature.

20) Any weird food habits? I don't know...I do know that I turn my plate to have the meat on the left and potatoes or rice on the right.

21) On a diet, what do you fill up on? Depends on what diet-Atkins is cheese and sliced ham. Otherwise, low cal high fiber stuff. And fruit

22) Off the diet, now what do you like? Ha...too much!

23) How spicy do you order Thai/Indian food? Mild to hot-depending on where I am and how close the nearest bathroom is.

24) Can I get you a drink? Sure! Pinot Noir or Merlot or an apple martini.

25) Red or white wine? Red to drink, white to cook with...but I like some whites to drink too.

26) Favorite dessert: Warm berry cobbler with vanilla ice cream right on top.

27) What is the perfect nightcap? A glass of red wine in a quiet place with someone I can kiss.

8 comments:

Callie Ann said...

Number 27 Rocks Huge Girl

Kat said...

Mags you are so sweet. Thank you for the compliment I can give it right back. I think I may actually be blushing :o)You rock too! And everyone will agree.

I am with callie ann nbr 27) is my favorite. I wish I would have thought of that.

Brian in Mpls said...

Then it is settled we are perfect for each other:)

C-Unit said...

1. What happened to pepperoni and olive for both 8 & 12? Geez!!!

Mags said...

Brian: Why? Not that I'm arguing, but what was it that I said?

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Yep, the last one is awesome. I agree. :)

crazy working mom said...

Great job on this one.

My mother in law always makes that spinach dip with Hawaiian bread and it is Sooooooooo yummy! :)

This made me hungry...gonna go find something to snack on.

Linda said...

I'm torn between #26 and #27 - I'd love to have both!!

This made me hungry, too - guess I'll go rustle up a bowl of cereal or maybe a bagel now.