Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Monopoly Money

Today I contacted a realtor. Well, that's not true, he contacted me because a friend of mine works for a local real estate company and recommended him...but these are mere technicalities.

Ching, as I will now call him, will be stopping by on Thursday evening to take a look at my house so that we can come up with a game plan. Hopefully, he'll be as successful as he has recently been in my area. The last house he sold was only on the market for 4 days-and this was just a few blocks away from me.

Cross your fingers y'all (I've been hanging out with Bee and Tisha too long!!), I need this house to sell! I am sure that most of you are wondering what my plans are if I'm able to get out of this house-to be honest, I don't 100% know. I would like to move to Boston for its notable restaurant scene, it's culture, ambiance and abundance of young single people. But being faced with this in reality now (what if my house DOES sell in 4 days?!?) I know that it will take a bit more planning.

My guess is that if my house sells by the end of the year, I will look for a 6 month lease in an apartment around here and begin a real search for a job, location and all of that jazz...

But first things first-let's get this house sold Ching!

Things I will be doing between now and Thursday:
1. Painting a ceiling
2. Dusting
3. Closet Clean up
4. Painting trim on the windows in my living room
5. Possibly painting doors

This weekend I will:
1. Clean my basement (ICK!)
2. Possibly paint my bathroom if Ching thinks I should
3. Yard work
4. Clean my gutters
5. Clean the siding
6. Replace carpet on stairs to my basement

I need a cheap handyman.

15 comments:

Frigga said...

Good luck! That sounds very exciting :P

Oh, and I also finally posted the results of the TT13 Favorite Q's from a couple weeks ;-)

flipper said...

geeeeeeeeezee.
pay me to do that shyyt =)

Colette, aka Lil Sis said...

Good luck Mags! I always love a new start.

Travis said...

Well, I hope the guy's first name is Ka!

And remember...declutter declutter declutter.

crazy working mom said...

Girl, I wish we were hanging out! :)

I can't wait 'till one day when we get to meet.

I've got my fingers crossed for you, dearlin'.

Mags said...

Flipper, no offense, but I can not see you raking my lawn and cleaning out my skuzzy basement. I love you though! LOL

Trav: No, it's John I think, but I love that his real last name is Ching...show me the money!

Tisha: 8) Me too!

Julie said...

Hey...that was a great song! Thanks and yes my dear you have a whole lotta stuff to do!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

well honey i's send you sarge but he only has those pesky two tools, a plastic butter knife and a chain saw, and ever since his pacemaker he's not allowed to play with the saw any more...

smiles, bee

ps: he never could fix anything anyway. ha ha ha

Brian in Mpls said...

I am cheap handy and a man

Danielle A. said...

I am not a cheap handyman. I don't really know one either. :(

Good luck though! I know how badly you want to sell that house so hopefully this is the answer to your prayers!

Kat said...

Also good luck from this side of the Antlantic. You've got quite a lot of work ahead of you. I'd be okay with all of these tasks. The only thing I would run from would be cleaning the gutters. Who knows who or what may be hiding in there...major PHOBIA

Kai said...

Fingers crossed for a quick (and very profitable) sale!

XXXXX

Mo said...

Cha-Ching!
Well, I never saw the basement, but the rest of the house is too cute.
Don't paint the bathroom - it looked good with your shower curtain!

Oh, but add "cover up that freaky hole in the shower" -- I'd do that before cleaning the siding or painting the bathroom!

Linda said...

I need a cheap man ... but just for a day or two!

I think your house is adorable and I'm sure you'll sell it in no time as the neighbor doesn't seem bad at all either. I was expecting drive-bys and gangstas on every corner when you first told me about it!

Linda said...

Oops - I meant the "neighborhood" not the "neighbor". I never did see scary boo ... or is that scary blue? I am so confused ...