Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Yes, REAL Money



This is NOT a paid ad. This is me, telling you how easy it was for me to make money. As you can see from my sidebar, I'm over $300 in PPP ads now. Some of you have scoffed and asked, "Yeah, but how much have you actually been PAID?!" Well, as you can see, I have been paid $178.94 USD, real cash money that I can transfer into my bank account at any time.

Once you get the hang of it, PPP is really quite easy. It is based off of your page rank and your Alexa score however, and so the quantity and frequency of ads is determined by your rank. The better your scores, the more ads you have an opportunity to take.

Honestly, if you can get past the fact that you are "Selling out" your blog, it's not so bad. I personally find it challenging to write ads for people and companies while maintaining a "Maggie" feel, incorporating my stories when I can. I have to do this while still meeting their criteria, of course.

I know that some of you are still opposed to me monetizing my blog, but really, this money is going to come in handy. There are things that I have been unable to do in the past and now I have the means to take care of them. For that, I feel very lucky to have a good enough page rank and score to get decent ads as well as the ability to write.

If you have any questions about starting PPP on your blog, please feel free to email me. And also, if you are going to sign up, I ask that you do so by clicking the link on my sidebar for PPP-yes, I do get a referral reward, and I would be very grateful if you went through me.

There's no point to this really, but to say that I am enjoying making money this way, and yes, it IS real money!

6 comments:

crazy working mom said...

Congrats, Mags! I feel the same way...it's hard to think that you have ads on your site. I started mine as an online journal of sorts for my kids. But what the heck?! If I can make money while I'm doing it...WHY THE HECK NOT!?

It's very easy too!

Morgen said...

congrats to you! I have been paid $7.50!

Linda said...

Sounds like you're doing very well with the PPP. I just can't get off the fence one way or another on it so haven't pushed The Bulletin for an answer yet.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i love the challenge of doing the ads too. and the money is nice of course!!!

smiles, bee

Marilyn said...

What's your page rank? Mine's three. Is that good enough? What's Alexa and how do I check my score?

Money is good. Business right now is crazy enough that extra time is at a premium but this winter I'd like to start PPP and I should start thinking about how to get better scores and link up to things and stuff.

Travis said...

I say you should do what's best for you. Sometimes I read the PPP and sometimes I scroll past them.