1. Pluck and groom my eyebrows obsessively. You don't know how hard it was for me not to do this everyday for the past 15 months! And I not only am obsessed with grooming them, but I find it terribly relaxing...
2. Apply my nightly skin care routine. I used to fastidiously wash, exfoliate and moisturize my face and neck every night pretty much without fail. However, when you are living a life on the "run" these things get thrown to the side. I usually just washed my face in the shower at night with regular soap.
3. Read books that have nothing to do with cooking. Now, I love me a good cookbook or a story about how a chef came to be, but it's very refreshing to be able to read real novels again. They are good for my soul. (Brian and Rocket-stop making those faces)
4. Clean on a regular basis. Again, when you are just basically dropping your work clothes at the door and putting on a uniform your house gets pretty disorganized and disheveled. I'm still in that state now, but once I get out of my "I'm being lazy because I can" mode, my house will shine once again.
5. Mow my lawn on a more regular basis so that my neighbors do not petition again me. Or buy me a cow.
6. Shop. This isn't a good thing. I haven't been on a shopping spree in quite some time-mainly because I can't afford it, but also because I had no time. Well, I can now happily mozy around the stores looking at all of the lovelies that I can't buy.
7. Eat healthy. Or somewhat healthy. Dieting is pretty much non-existent at culinary school. Especially because you're eating so late at night! But, huzzah! I can now try to slim down and get healthier by eating earlier and eating food less in fat.
8. Exercise. Though I busted my ass in school mopping and running around (you SAW that sweat on my brow in last weeks pics, right?) it's not the same. I have a gym membership that I was gifted at Christmas and am happy to say that I am planning on going sometime next week, and then on a regular basis.
9. Wear jewelry. In the kitchen you can not wear rings or hoop earrings, both of which I wear daily. I wear 2 rings and 6 earrings. Over the course of the year I have lost all of my earrings and so I had to replenish them this week. I am now fully adorned and only have to take off my rings when I go to the club (though I take off my hoops too)
10. Save gas! I anticipate this to be rather significant as I drove 40 minutes total each day I went to school...3 days a week! So, Yay! (Even though I just paid $2.99 today!)
11. Nothing. Really. I don't have to study on Sundays after work. I don't have to read or study during lunch. I have no papers to write and so I can blog. Or read. Or sit and stare at the walls. It's very weird.
12. Everything. Really. On Monday's, Tuesday's and Thursday's. I can go to dinner with friends, see a movie, take a walk (oh how I miss walks!) or find a new restaurant. I can even go back to experimenting with my cooking like I used to do!
13. Sleep and take sleep aids. I can go to be before 1am (though I still can't very often) and I can take sleep meds early to ensure I have 8 hours between sleeping time and waking time. Being that I always got out of school at 11pm and home by 11:30 and wake up at 6:30 am, I never could do this....now, I'm catching up and refilling my sleep bank. 8)
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!