Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Thursday Thirteen: Desserts I Will Make

I've always wanted to approach the executive chef at the country club about the possibility of me making special desserts for them. Currently they only make one sub-par dessert from scratch and the rest is bought. I finally got the courage to do it tonight, and he was thrilled! Tomorrow I will begin by making desserts for a private party and every week I will be able to make whatever I want for the special!

Chef told me, "Whatever you need, just let me know. I can order you anything." Wow. If I continue this for the rest of the time I work there, I can put on my resume that I was the pastry chef for a well known country club in CT. That'll be wicked cool...I'm thrilled!!! And so...

Thirteen Desserts I'll Make as Pastry Chef


1. Lemon Meringue Tarts
2. Brownie Tarts with Creme Anglaise
3. Strawberry Tarts with a Chocolate Linings and Pastry Cream
4. Miniature Banana Crescent Pies Served with Chocolate Ice Cream
5. Maple Pecan Pies
6. Lime & Coconut Meringue Pies (It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere)
7. Poached Pears in Red Wine Sauce
8. Tiramisu in individual Espresso Mugs
9. Chocolate Cakes with Ginger Chocolate Mouse and Raspberries
10. Gingerbread Cakes with Fennel Blueberries and Chantilly Cream
11. Apple Cheesecakes with Spiced Creme Anglaise and Butterscotch Sauce
12. Grapefruit Cakes
13. White Chocolate Pate with Black Raspberry Sauce

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

20 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Oh, my, so many of those sound so good!

Bond said...

OH YUM!

Come on by The Couch on Thursday, you have been tagged

Shannon said...

YUM! Tiramisu is one of my favorites! Good luck with all your desserts!

FRIGGA said...

Oh my oh my oh my! Wow. It's a good thing I had a bowl of fresh blueberries in front of me (I already ate the raspberries & chocolate cookies!)

I was about to say that #4 is my fav, but then I got to 8, and it just wouldn't be right for me to choose anything other than tiramisu. But then every single one past that sound extraordinary. Okay, so really I'd like all of them (except 1, 6 and 7).

Sweet tooth? What sweet tooth?

scooper said...

Grapefruit cakes sounds interesting and I can't say enough for cheesecake.

Robin said...

Yum!! I'll take one of each please!

Damozel said...

Oh thank you SO much. Now I'm all hungry.

Maple pecan pie? Tiramisu in expresso mugs? Lime and coconut meringue pies? It all sounds unabelievably good...the only thing I can't quite get my head around is grapefruit cakes, but I bet the acidity makes it delicious...

::goes off to eat store-bought rice pudding, since this is all available here::

kailani said...

Nothing better than strawberry and chocolate! yum!

Julie said...

Mmmmm yum-oh! I can't even pick just one!

...and where are these going to be?

Little Sis said...

MMMmmm..they all sound good, but I desperately want a sugar rush! LOL Tiramisu in espresso mugs sounds fabulous!

MamaLee said...

I'll trade you some blueberry treats for some of YOURS!??

Happy TT!

Danielle said...

What CC do you work at again? When can I get the lime and coconut pie? :)

Lori said...

Yummmmm, Im coming to your house for dessert:)Happy TT.

Marilyn said...

Wow. Will you by my mother?

Cheesecake is normally my favorite and yours sounds interesting but I'd probably order the Grapefruit Cake just to see what its like.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

i wish you were at our club!

smiles, bee

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

Yummy yummy!!!!

Man, I was just proud of the peach pie I made last night. Mine is so simple compared to all your desserts! mmmmm

Comedy + said...

They all sound good. Are you going to invite us all over for a taste test? :)

katherine. said...

how sad is that CT is about as far as you can get from CA....

grapefruit cake....my mouth is watering!

Linda said...

I completely and totally refused to read that list as I started a diet on Sunday and just reading about those kinds of things will totally do my tastebuds in! Just the thought of cake makes my mouth water right now!

Travis said...

Oh. My. Word.

May I just say this? YUM-OH!!!