I've always wanted to approach the executive chef at the country club about the possibility of me making special desserts for them. Currently they only make one sub-par dessert from scratch and the rest is bought. I finally got the courage to do it tonight, and he was thrilled! Tomorrow I will begin by making desserts for a private party and every week I will be able to make whatever I want for the special!
Chef told me, "Whatever you need, just let me know. I can order you anything." Wow. If I continue this for the rest of the time I work there, I can put on my resume that I was the pastry chef for a well known country club in CT. That'll be wicked cool...I'm thrilled!!! And so...
1. Lemon Meringue Tarts
2. Brownie Tarts with Creme Anglaise
3. Strawberry Tarts with a Chocolate Linings and Pastry Cream
4. Miniature Banana Crescent Pies Served with Chocolate Ice Cream
5. Maple Pecan Pies
6. Lime & Coconut Meringue Pies (It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere)
7. Poached Pears in Red Wine Sauce
8. Tiramisu in individual Espresso Mugs
9. Chocolate Cakes with Ginger Chocolate Mouse and Raspberries
10. Gingerbread Cakes with Fennel Blueberries and Chantilly Cream
11. Apple Cheesecakes with Spiced Creme Anglaise and Butterscotch Sauce
12. Grapefruit Cakes
13. White Chocolate Pate with Black Raspberry Sauce