Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thoughtful Blogger

It amazes me that a little over 2 years ago I started this blog in secret. Someone I care about had a blog and talked about it all of the time and I was curious but embarrassed because I really did not even know what a blog was until I met him.

I've had my ups and downs, as has this blog, but recently I've met so many wonderful people and yes, even made dear friends. Sometimes people scoff when I say, "My friend Morgen said this" or "I wonder if Bee would like this cake" (Silly question, right?) because I have never met them in person.

It doesn't matter.

Technology has made it so that we can communicate with people all over the world. We share stories, ups and downs and lend support and advice when it is needed most. I know what most of their voices sound like, and I have had the pleasure of laughing along with them, just as I have with the friends I have here at home. It is a wonderful addition to my life, and for all of you, I am grateful and so very happy to have met you all.

So why am I being so mushy and sentimental? Because of all of the people that my friend Morgen knows, he chose me.
I now bestow the Thoughtful Blogger award upon my friend Mags from Ms Maggie Moo Talks 2 U.She's been a good friend and she always has other people's feelings in mind, even when it comes back to bite her. She's been very supportive of me, and very thoughtful. Plus, she's not afraid to call me an idiot when I'm being an idiot. I thank her for that, and because I'm thoughtful too (see above), it's made our friendship stronger!

Now, I've been awarded many blog awards in the recent past, and I adore them all, and am proud to have them on my sidebar-but they were for my blog, my writing. This award-this one is for me.

Thanks you Mo, for giving this to me, for your kind words, and yes, for being such a wonderfully supportive and fantastic friend.

10 comments:

Julie said...

congratulations Mags!! What a sweet award!

You've been tagged my dear...come and visit me to find out the scoop!

Colette, aka Lil Sis said...

Technology is wonderful. Just from reading my big brother's blog, I've been turned on to some fabulous people like yourself.

I find myself an avid reader, and a sporatic writer. ;) I do envy all of my blogger buddies talents. :)

Bond said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I am so happy for you....

Marilyn said...

You two are so cool.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

silly girl! it's only a silly question because i like ALL cake!

smiles, bee

Asara said...

You deserve it :) *HUGS*

Callie Ann said...

I do the same thing Mags. i take about you a lot to my family and I talk about Mo-mo hell I talk about everyone. It's fun. I love you girl

Linda said...

I don't believe that Mo could have made a better choice upon whom to bestow this award. You so deserve it!

crazy working mom said...

I'm with Linda...you two both deserved this award more than any other blogger I could think of! :)

Way to go, Mags.

Amazing Gracie said...

Absolutely! And would you guys please quit making me cry? The heartfelt love flowing between the two of you is so real, it's stunning! I consider it a blessing just to read it...
~~~Blessings~~~