Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Randomivity

Have you ever noticed that the people on House Hunters never get turned down for the house the really want? I think it would make for more interesting television if they did. I'd like to see some tantrums and some wheelin' and dealin' going on. Wouldn't you?


Penicillin should never be taken on an empty stomach. And you should never eat olives to try to stop the inevitable. It just ends up blocking your sink.


Having a temperature in the summer really sucks. Even with ac, you just end up feeling like a limp cucumber on a dirty old salad.


It's possible that the fever damaged my brain, cause I'm not sure where I came up with that last one.


Showering after you've been really sick is possibly the most exhilarating experience.


Being on speaker phone is annoying enough, but when you are on speaker phone with your boss and co-workers when you have strep throat, it's even worse.


You know you've been sick for a few days when you get up and your back hurts from laying on the couch too much and also when you can't remember what day it is.


Sometimes you need a drastic change to help you with things you can't do yourself.


I already disliked them before, but having to watch Rachel Ray and Giada De Laurentis for a few days just makes me mad. Yeah, they're cute, but has anyone noticed how they over enunciate? Doesn't that annoy you? And hello-can you say "Bobble head"? Giada has this huge head and little body. I know I'm bigger than she is, but at least I'm proportioned well!

16 comments:

Bond said...

Hope you are finally feeling better...all your pressures being off, your body decided it needed a rest...

Congrats on your Bestest result and for being a friend of The Couch

crazy working mom said...

Poor Mags...hubby is sick right now and the kids have been sick with sore throats too. :( I hope you're feeling better soon.

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

All the people on the food network annoy me for one reason or another. and unfortanately my dad watches the food network constantly...that and the travel channel.

Mrs. OrioleGal9 said...

I have to say my Azythromax gave me horrible "belly pains" even when taken with food!

And I have to say I love watching Rachael Ray, Giada and Paula Deen (especially if her sons are on with her!)

Thomas said...

If your views on being sick are gonna be this compelling, you should get sick more often, Mags! :P

Comedy + said...

Get well Mags. Being sick anytime is awful, but in the summer it's even worse. :)

Linda said...

I was thinking of you the other day when it was so stinking hot (come to think of it, it is today, too!) as I knew you just had to feel even worse because of the weather.

Hope you're off the couch soon and back on your feet!

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

awww, feel better honey.

smiles, bee

Marilyn said...

I think I missed someting about the olive reference... I hope you feel better soon.

Little Sis said...

I'm sorry you're still not feeling well! Sounds like you finally got past all your stress and everything, and your body decided it was time to finally take a toll! Hope you feel better soon!

FRIGGA said...

Ha that was funny... And I love exhilarating showers, I'd rather it be from camping than being sick though. :P

Travis said...

I laugh at House Hunters when their comments are about the color of the walls or other minor things that can be easily and inexpensively changed.

And then there are the bonehead home owners on Designed to Sell who can't figure out why their cluttered and dirty homes aren't getting any offers!

I hope you're feeling better now!

Julie said...

Aww yup it sucks being sick in the summer. Hot flashes also suck in the summer! Grrrrr.....

Feel better fast sweetie!

Amazing Gracie said...

;Summers suck just on general principles! Being sick in the midst of them is just plain terrible.
I'm so sorry you've been this bad...Feel better!
♥♥♥

tegdirb92 said...

Oh my goodness, my husband (and I) could tell you a million and one thing we don't like about Giada and her mannerisms....(always showing her teeth, and the over annunciation kills me!!) I think I would like her better if she was more down to earth.

Dina D'Alessandro said...

You have no idea how many people scoff at me when I say how truly sick I am of Rachael (ruined-Dunkin'-Donuts-for-me) and Giada (orange-on-a-toothpick). Overexposure turns sweet, normal people into the most annoying a-holes, doesn't it? Besides, I don't really believe either of them even know how to properly hold a knife regardless of where they claim they studied/worked before their fame kicked in. That's right. I said it.