Sunday, July 01, 2007

What's Cookin? Fried Rice!

Or...Flied Lice...and no, it doesn't take 10 minute...this is a recipe I've promised my friend Callie Ann for quite some time now-I'm sorry that it took me so long, my silly Brat. ;)

Fried rice will always be better when cooked in a Wok. However, if you don't have a wok, using a very hot saute pan will work in a pinch...

Pork Fried Rice

Serves 4


Pork Tenderloin, cut into cubes 3/4 Lb.
Hoisin Sauce 2 T.
Soy Sauce 1 T.
Ginger, grated 1 T.
Garlic, minced 2 T.
Sesame Oil 2 T.
Scallions, sliced 5
Carrot, shredded 1
Peas, frozen 1 Box
White Rice, cooked, chilled 2 C.
Eggs 2

Method:
1. Toss Pork with 1 T. Hoisin Sauce, 1 t. Soy Sauce, Ginger, and 2 t. Garlic. Heat heavy saute pan with 1 t. oil. Cook pork with spices until done, about 2 minutes. Remove from pan.
2. Add remaining oil to pan. Heat over medium high heat. Add remaining Hoisin and Soy Sauces, remaining garlic, and Green Onions. Cook 3 minutes.
3. Add Carrots, Peas & Rice. Cook until warmed through, about 2 minutes.
4. Add the eggs to the rice to scramble. Add pork back into mixture and toss until well combined.
5. Taste for seasoning. You may like more soy sauce-add a little bit at a time until desired flavor is achieved.
6. Serve warm-enjoy!

6 comments:

Comedy + said...

Oh this sounds good, so I'll take it too. I love pork fried rice. Have a great day and thanks a million. :)

Callie Ann said...

Oh it sounds wonderful. I can't wait to make it. Thank you so much Mags. Your my honey. Now to make my menu's for this week. Woo hoo. I get to make this. I am so excited. Putter with think I went to take out. Ha ha ha.

Travis said...

GACK! Can I do this one without peas? Please?

Amazing Gracie said...

Sounds scrumptuous! Peas 'n all!

Mags said...

Comedy: By all means! Take, take, take...and ENJOY!!

Callie: I can't wait to hear how it comes out.

Trav: You can do whatever you'd like with it...take the peas out, for sure! That's the beauty of cooking for yourself. ;)

Gracie: (I like the peas too-but shhh...Trav's here)

8)

One who listens said...

I didn't know what a scallion was, but I knew it couldn't be this.

It's nice to know that a scallion is a spring onion though. You learn something every day.

My gorgeous wife isn't mad keen on hoisin sauce, and doesn't like ginger either. Everything else she is good with. Is there a substitute you'd recommend, Miss Accomplished Chef?

I'd love to be able to make this for her. :)

Owl.