Friday, July 06, 2007

Shake Your Money Maker

You know, I've been thinking a lot about how to make money in creative ways lately, hence, the PPP ads that we've all discussed. In the past couple of months I've sold some items such as a bed, pet carrying cases and an old cell phone.

And now, I've also sold books online.

I have a TON of books, most of which I will never read again. A while back I sold a box of books online and got about $40 for them. Well, the time has come and I did it again. $45 to be exact, and this site pays for all of the shipping.

Their site is not as accepting of books as my old one, but like I said, the shipping is paid for, and that's a huge deal. All you do is go to the website, punch in the ISBN codes and see if they'll buy it. If so, they tell you how much they'll pay and you accept.

Then you ship off all of your gently used books, and in a few weeks (media mail is slow) they'll either send you a check or deposit it right into your PayPal account.

It is a little sad to me to see books that I love being sold for so little. But I know that this company re-sells them to people who will love them too, and that gives me some comfort.

And also, the money pays the bills! If you are interested in knowing which site I go through, leave a message in comments (with your email address if I don't have it already) and I'll send it you the link...

9 comments:

Callie Ann said...

I am interested in the links mags

Linda said...

I wouldn't mind taking a look at the link, I hate to get rid of my old books, too, but they're basically just sitting around taking up space and if there's cash to be made then I'm all for it! Especially if I don't have to pay the shipping!

Nai said...

I would like to know the link.

Ian

Amazing Gracie said...

Yeah, I have yet another box sitting by the door, ready to go to Good Will. I wished I had this at the garage sale. I sold brand new hardback books for a song...

Morgen said...

I want the link, too!
Don't tease us book-lovers like this and not include the link!

Travis said...

GASP!!!

I need to sit down. I need to breathe. I need to look at this as an opportunity.

You sold books.

Stop thinking about it like that!

OK. You provided a service. Yeah. Now I feel better.

Asara said...

I'd like the link too please! :)

Mags said...

Trav: You don't know how hard it is for me to do!!! I look at some of my favorite ones and silently cry when I see how much I'll get for it.

But, desperate times call for desperate measures, and I am in need of money...

Asara: The link is on it's way to you via email now!

~*SilverNeurotic*~ said...

I'm interested, silverneurotic@gmail.com