Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Movie Night

Tuesday night after lots of housework I decided to take myself to the movies. I ordered tickets online and hopped into the shower, changed into comfy clothes and set out on my way.

I brought a book with me because it is sometimes awkward just sitting there alone, and I've seen most of the "Which actress starred in..." trivia they play prior to the previews. I knew it would be crowded (which is why I ordered my ticket online) but I didn't expect it to be MOBBED.

It was.

I was very much looking forward to breezing in, getting my ticket and popcorn and sitting down for a good 15 minutes before previews. Instead, I waited in line at the concession stand for well over 25 minutes while an incompetent boy kept walking away from his station for God knows what reason.

I really wanted popcorn though. So I waited.

By the time I finally got into the theater, the previews were almost over, and most of the ideal seats were already taken. Luckily, I am only one person, and so I was still able to get a middle seat fairly high up in the theater.

So, what did I go see? Ratatouille!! And I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it.



It was very cute and mildly funny. Of course I enjoyed it because it was mostly set in a kitchen and was about having a passion for cooking-even if it was a rat...

I won't tell you about the movie itself because I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't yet seen it, but I will say that being someone who notices little things and who finds joy in the stupidest things, one of my favorite scenes involved a rat doing "jazz hands".

Most people won't even see it. But I was cracking up.

The only other thing I will say is that the main human character, Linguine reminds me of Ross Gheller.

It was weird.

Anyway...go see Ratatouille-it is a great movie and most of the characters wear checked pants.

8)

7 comments:

C-Unit said...

I cant wait to see that!! Maybe tomorrow night.

Amazing Gracie said...

This is one I actually want to see. Glad it's good!

Danielle said...

I'm in agreeance with you - this was indeed a great movie. We saw it last Friday with some friends of ours and I loved it! :)

Thomas said...

Good to hear you enjoyed the movie, Mags. I've gone to lots of movies on my own. To pass the time before the show starts, I sometimes bring headphones to listen to or just lay back in my seat, close my eyes, and relax.

Mags said...

I might actually go see it a 2nd time this Saturday too...not alone this time though.

Thomas, that sounds like a really good idea. Especially because the lights are dim, it's cool in there...yeah. I think I'll try it.

the108 said...

DEF on my list of must see's. I just saw my Johnny in POTC3.... lots of movies these days...

crazy working mom said...

*LOL* I've been wanting to see that too. :)

I might try to take the kiddos to see it this weekend.