Monday, July 30, 2007

Arg

Dear Evil Baseball Mongers:

You suck.

You have made it nearly impossible for the normal working class to watch a live baseball game. You swoop in with your fast fingers and unlimited credit and you buy up entire rows and sections at my beloved Fenway Park. And then you sell them for asininely high prices and charge me $50 in shipping. OR you have seats that are in the same row but 10 seats away from each other.

And man, that sucks.

I have not been to a live Red Sox game in 2 years because of you. Stop being greedy and release your tickets for a fair price so that I can experience peanuts and Cracker Jacks, home runs and pahking my cah in Havahd yahd.

Bring baseball back to the people, oh Evil Baseball Mongers-and the world will be a better place.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

yeah. that.

smiles, bee

Linda said...

Sadly, I think the only way that the over-paid ballplayers can make their money is for the parks to charge outrageous ticket prices. What's worse is that there are people who pay those outrageous prices as the park is always full far in advance. Seems like the old "supply and demand" in action.

I haven't been to a game at Fenway since 1977 - now how pathetic is that??

crazy working mom said...

Yeah, what she said!!!

Grrr...

Bond said...

Linda: The ball-players do not just hand a figure to the owners and get paid. This is all the owners falut. You know, those same guys who shut down baseball in 1994 because salaries were out of hand.

What happened right after that? Well a flurry of HUGE dollar signings...

Please do not blame the players for accepting what they can get.

if someone called me right now and offered me 2x, 3x my salary and i had to move today... ADIOS...

Danielle said...

Sports in general is overpriced once you get into the Professional realm. Better off going to a Lowell Spinners (or some other type of low-cost family baseball game) and having fun there. Lighter on the wallet.

Same egos on the players though.

Travis said...

You go Mags!

At Dodger Stadium you can still get bleacher seats in the outfield for $6 each. I sat at field level on the third baseline a few times for $30.

And Dodger Stadium is one of the most beautiful places to watch a baseball game.

Thomas said...

Holy shit, Mags! I didn't know you could rant! You do it quite well!! Please give us more as the dog days of summer bring us inexorably into autumn.

C-Unit said...

This reminds me of the bud light commercials. LOL