Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Total Eclipse

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

115 miles, 3 disapproving parents and one conceited sister could not stop them from loving each other. They'd heard the protests-the "You're too young's" and the "You can do better's"-but neither of them cared. They were in love, and that was all that mattered.

He told her to look at the moon every night at 9pm. Simply knowing they would be looking at the same moon at the same time bridged the gap and instantly brought her warmth. It was as though he was there with her, in her 16 year old bedroom, his arms wrapped around her whispering "I love you".

She came to know intimately his handwriting-the way he wrote in all capitols and the funny squiggles he made on E's-they all spelled out one thing: "I love you and I will never leave." Letter after letter, day after day, his messages would come, with drawings he left without color so that she could fill them in, together, creating a masterpiece.

Together, they beat the odds.

They grew up learning life's lessons side by side, transcending time and place. They laughed, they cried and most of all, they loved. In a lifetime, she could never imagine loving anyone more than she loved him.

6 years passed, and they went to college together. In their wildest dreams, they could not have thought that their ending would be anything but happy. But it became harder and harder for them to remember the moon and the stars which covered them securely, protecting their hearts and their dreams. Eventually, their memories of dancing in the snow at midnight, kissing until their faces were raw and making love on the rocky beach faded, and all that was left was emptiness.

She fled, then, leaving her family and friends, creating a new life, new memories. It was all she could do to survive. But nothing could erase the permanent mark he left on her heart-the one that said "I love you, and I will never leave."

And in her life, she wandered aimlessly, searching for her lost lover in someone else's body-for the one with whom she can share the moon...

8 comments:

Thomas said...

Very nice, Mags. You got skillz!

the108 said...

Gorgeous. I love it. All of it. I love the part about drawing with no color so they could fill it in and create the masterpiece together.

You're fantastic!

Mags said...

Thanks guys, I was beginning to think no one liked it b/c no one said anything...

108-the real beauty is that it's true. My walls were covered floor to ceiling with drawings that he created and I colored. I wish I still had them.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

it made me cry mags...

bee

Rocketstar said...

Very nice.

Skittles said...

Soo sad...

Travis said...

This is really poignant and touching. The final sentence is so heart wrenching.

Well done.

kristarella said...

You do write well. I knew it was real and it made me sad. You have had so much love and loss... I haven't really differentiated who is who and where they all fit in. I guess without them you wouldn't be who you are now and that person seems pretty excellent, so even the sad things must be good in a way.