Monday, April 09, 2007

Tomorrow's Gate

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape


At tomorrows gate they all walk past
not knowing what's in store.
But onto bigger-better-things
their hearts ready for more.

Upon the downy green grass lies
a tale that's not been told.
And at any minute the fireflies
may spin their fiery gold.

The tale begins and spreads its wings
and magical things ensue.
Surprised? Indeed! That mystical
girl inside the tale is you!

The story now is off the grass
and in the wind, you know.
And wherever it blows, wherever it lands
those are the places you can go.

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

that was lovely mags! just wanted to pop in and say bye till friday honey. miss you!

smiles, bee

Asara said...

Beautiful :) Just stopping by to say Happy belated Easter, hope you had a good one!

Callie Ann said...

I lOVE THIS, IT IS WONDERFUL. SUCH POWER SUCH HOPE NEW BEGINNINGS. I LOVE IT. WOO HOO MAGS YOU ROCK.

the108 said...

I loved this poem! What a beautiful piece! I adore the imagery in it... the words took me out of my chair and right there along with them. Love it!!

Mags said...

I'm so very glad you all like it! It just sort of...fell out of my brain yesterday. It's nice to know that my spewage can transport my friends.

Travis said...

Very nice bit of verse. I especially like the line - The story now is off the grass and in the wind.

Good job!

Callie Ann said...

I came back to read this poem today. I so love this poem. Went and saw Miss Potter the movie last night and this poem makes me feel as happy as that movie. Thank you mags. I think I am going to print and frame this and hang it in my scrap book room. I need a little fairy girl flying thru the air as an illustration with it.
your friend Callie