Thursday, March 29, 2007

Smiles Ear 2 Ear

So, I don't want to get too excited or optimistic, as I have very bad luck. BUT when I got home from school tonight (early-and NO LOCK OUT!) I had a message on my machine from a country club I will be working at beginning in May.

Apparently, they've "created" a position that they feel I have "the head for" and after speaking to the general manager, the executive chef would like to speak with me about my interest!!!!!

Now, don't get too excited for me yet....it's a management position at their snack bar. It probably won't pay enough for me to quit my day job and the hours might interfere with school.

They DO however know I'm a student until July, so maybe they'll work with me on that one.

And also, they are a private club in a affluent part of CT and therefore the pay may not be as bad as I think. Either way, I'm flying high right now. Just the fact that the executive chef thought of ME and spoke to the GM!

I love the culinary arts!!!

And speaking of which, we made cheese from scratch today! I came home with perfect little boccaccini's marinated in olive oil and basil. They are so fresh and soft with just the right amount of salty goodness.

I love cheese. And I love that I made it from scratch. These are the simple things in my life that bring me great joy.

9 comments:

Bond said...

WOOO Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful - fingers crossed

and loved your post about softball... you do know I love the baseball.. love the game

the108 said...

Mmmmm..... cheese!!!

I'm excited about the new job prospect! Hoping all goes well with it!!!!!!!

Asara said...

Ohhh lord I love cheese too! We keep a couple of blocks in the fridge at all times for snacking purposes, and a couple bags of shredded for chips & cheese, or just to put on stuff. Yum yum yum. Oh, and the cheese dip for the crackers, the can of Easy Cheese for crackers or pretzels.. and slices for grilled cheese sandwiches... L-O-V-E cheese at our house. :)

Hope things work out with this new job, it sounds wonderful!

~paige~ said...

rock on with your bad self

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

you can MAKE cheese? wow, hmmmm, sigh.

smiles, bee

OrioleGal9 said...

Awesome Awesome!!! I've got my fingers crossed for you and I want to know as soon as you hear anything!

By the way, I love marinated boccaccini's! Way cool!

Skittles said...

TERRIFIC news!!!!! I'm just so happy for you!

Hmm.. never actually thought about someone making their own cheese..

Mags said...

Thanks guys! I still haven't been able to connect with him yet...we've been playing phone tag. It's driving me nuts!

Travis said...

It's wonderful when they want you, isn't it?

Good luck!