Saturday, March 31, 2007

Restaurant Quote of the Weekend

"Beautiful, honey...and so is that platter."

Said to me by the Sous Chef regarding well, me (LOL) and the fruit platters he asked me to make for him.

Today was fun. I gave my 2 weeks notice to the Executive Chef and thanked him for the opportunity to work with with. I explained that I realized that I want to be a caterer and the country club was more in line with that goal.

He shook my hand, and later came in the back kitchen to talk to me. He said that he thinks I'll really do well there and that he can completely see me being a caterer or banquet chef. Then he said,

"I've seen the platters you do for us here, and they are beautiful...you'll really like it there."

So, that made me feel wonderful. I always hate telling someone I no longer wish to work for them. I feel so bad.

Later, the Sous Chef came back and asked me to do 3 fruit platters because he "Likes my style". LOL! I ended up doing 2 other platters by the end of the night too. It was a pleasant night, overall and I got to do what I love-making food look pretty!

And, I'm sure it helped that while at work I received:

2 bear hugs from semi-cute men
2 kisses
1 back rub
and though this sounds gross, 1 finger stuck in my ear. I liked it because it was teasing and teasing means that someone likes you enough to play around.

Oh yeah, and firecrotch wasn't there tonight yelling at everyone and complaining-so that helped.

14 comments:

Danielle said...

Hey i dont know you and i just started this blogger thing and i feel like im posteing to myself!

anways i saw that youre a chef and im going to culinary school when i graduate high school so thats neat :) lol.. so anyways just thought id say hi!

The109 said...

It's good to hear that you work with such cool people. Especially when you give them news that might upset them. There are many days I would like to give my 2 weeks notice but the government owns my ass so no dice there. You should take some pics of your platters so that we may all enjoy your "style"!

Oh and because I am newbie blogger I have no idea who firecrotch is but anyone who deserves that nickname can fuck off, lol!

Mags said...

Dean, Firecrotch has red hair and also herpes. I know this (though I don't want to) because she told me, and everyone else.

She's a miserable woman who really loves making people miserable too.

the108 said...

There is just something about the word, "herpes" that makes me laugh every time I hear it.

I'm sad you're leaving the restaraunt as we have really gotten to know these freaks that you work with and also the very cool people. I, however, cannot wait to hear about those you encounter at the country club. I used to work in the fancy ass rest. of a country club and lemme tell you.... there are some interesting people found there :-)

Callie Ann said...

wow, mags what a good day. if you do another fruit platter take a pic so we can see your creations.

Empress Bee (of the High Sea) said...

you go mags!!! wow. and firecrotch can go, well you know, ha ha ha....

smiles, bee

Rocketstar said...

I wish you the best in your new chapter in which you are embarking on. I have no doubt that you will succeed.

Crazy Working Mom said...

YAY! I'm glad everything worked out and telling him wasn't all that bad! :)

Wolfbernz said...

Hi Mags, I wish you sucess at the Country Club. Firecrotch I think the name explains it well.

Thanks for stopping by. I am so sorry you got an error message when you tried to join. I have fixed it now.
All the Best

Travis said...

Good luck with this next career step. It sounds really exciting.

You sound like you're in a really good place right now - I hope you get to stay there for awhile!!

Skittles said...

I'm so happy that you are going for your dreams!

Morgen said...

That's awesome that someone sees your talent! (and your bangability!)
:)

While this chapter is closing, I look forward to more fun stories from the Country Club Life!

Linda said...

What? No punch in the arm?

Sounds like you had a great day (even though I am posting this WAY late!).

And just FYI, we have a firecrotch at work, too, who pretends to be my friend but really isn't because she is just so freakin' competitive and can't stand it when people aren't paying attention to her. It's so frustrating!

Kai said...

How exciting Mags - a whole new chapter, and the country club life too! Congratulations!