Monday, January 29, 2007

Bestest...

Thank you Skittles and Bobby! It's quite an honor, and I am thrilled!!
~
Go here to see what Skittles had to say about me and my little blog..
~
Anyone who's ever been on a diet will understand. Or, at least I hope you do.
They say it's not wise to go grocery shopping when you are hungry. Well, for a fat girl, that's impossible. (We're almost always hungry, right?) And a fat girl on a diet? Lethal.
*
And did I mention that I am a food geek. Or a foodie. Or a budding culinarian? Yeah. My free time is spent cooking. And if I'm not cooking, I'm reading about cooking, or planning to cook, or telling other people what they should cook.
*
And you know the saying...you don't know what you had until it's gone.
*
And oh boy do I miss bread. And chocolate. And cake and pies and bagels. And coffee with sugar. And crispy French fries and Chinese food and...Oh, I'm sorry. I'm blogging here. Right...
*
Back to the shopping...
*
They say you shouldn't shop on an empty stomach. (And who's "they" anyhow? A bunch of skinny chain smokers who's appetite is that of a hibernating squirrel?) So, I have a list, and it contains things like fat free cottage cheese, garbanzo beans and lettuce. Doesn't do anything for ya? Me neither.
*
Most diets though, come with a "You can have 1 oz of (insert almost yummy food)". Mine says I can have 1 sugar free fudgsicle a day. This, to me, is a Godsend and so the frozen food isle is my first stop.
*
On the way home, my mouth began to water. I'd stuck to my diet all day (even though I was home alone AND went to the movies-2 prime times to cheat!). I was a little hungry, but really wanted something good to eat. Enter Fudgsicle.
*
The trouble with the sugar free fudgsicle is not that they are sugar free. It's that they're wrapped in Teflon. Really. You can't open those suckers! You pull and you tear, and occasional let out a grunt, but those bad boys just do not open, and eventually, you simply end up with a broken pile of mooshy fudgsicle.
*
Which, by the way, gives you an excuse to lick the wrapper. Teflon, as it turns out, isn't so bad.
*
I wonder how many calories it has...

24 comments:

C-Unit said...

Couldnt you use scissors?

Skittles said...

Your struggles are my struggles.. except for the cooking school thing. And what's fun about scissors when you can lick the wrapper?

Congrats!

The Freelance Cynic said...

Yay, I get to comment before the Bestest blog Crowd swamps your blog!

Thank you for making me smile! Both at you article and the wondefuly entertaning idea of a very hungry person ripping open a fudgsical then chowing down on the wrapper

Beaman said...

Well done on getting the Bestest blog award. I've been reading your poetry, it's very good. I have some of my poetry on my blog, you might like to read.
Best Wishes :)

crpitt said...

Congratulations again!!!
I have never had a fudgsicle before, am i missing out?

Mike said...

Congrats on your bestest blog of the day award. I've had those fudgesicles and they are pretty good. I just use scissors to open them lol. You have a nice blog. Maybe I should stop in more lol.

Mags said...

Thanks for coming over today everyone!

C-Unit: What fun is that? And also, in the heat of the moment-no one thinks clearly.

OrioleGal9 said...

I do have to say that Fudgesicles are awesome! Crpitt, run out now and get some especially if you like chocolate.

Finn said...

Just think of all the exercise you're getting from wrestling with that wrapper.

Lexa Roséan said...

congrats on winning bestest blog and good luck with sticking to the diet :)

Heather said...

Congrats, Mags!! You always make me laugh and I always look forward to reading your blog! Good luck on your dieting...I know the feeling! :o)

the108 said...

Congratulations, Mags!!!! That's awesome that you got best blog!! You deserve it!

Thomas said...

Congrads, Mags! You're gonna be a star!!

Mags said...

Um...excuse me Thomas-I've always been a star.

;)

JK. Thanks!!!!!!!!


(I can't believe the traffic that comes with this award! At 8am I already had 90 hits. I'm up to 250 or something now. CRAZY!!)

Monkee said...

I have three words for you: potato chip bags. I am queen of the exploding potato chip bag.

Anonymous said...

:) Cuz.

Mags said...

Monkee-I don't even BUY potato chips because they are one of my most favorite things in the world. But yes, I can see that happening!

Anon: I love it when I get :)'s just cuz. Also music. Just cuz music is good too.

I'm just sayin'...

Hepcat said...

Mags,

It kinda makes sense that it would be hard to open the fudgesicle wrapped in Teflon. They must have to use some sort of uber strong glue to get it to stick to Teflon...

~Hepcat

Bond said...

STANDS AND APPLAUDS LOUDLY ..CHEERS AND WHISTLES....

CONGRATS Ms. Maggie... You know I love it here...glad to see your wonderful site recognized

and ummm.... I agree.. when am I not hungry so i can go shopping???

LOL

AMAZING GRACIE said...

What a marvelous blogger you are! Congrats on your honor...I, too, have discovered the delights of the Fudgesicle but unfortunately, I like them in pairs. And my mom took chef's courses on the east coast so naturally, I grew up thinking everything had to have a "sauce" on it. I have such an addiction to rich, gnarly, gooey food!
It will be a pleasure to come back and dine here.
~~~Blessings~~~
Gracie

Skittles said...

Where's the kitten fudge???

One who listens said...

Kitten Fudge? It's right there, next to the Mink Julep. ;)

Owl.

Mags said...

Hepcat: I KNOW! That glue must be lethal!!!!

Bond: Thank you SO much!!!

Amazing: What a nice compliment. Thanks for coming by.

Skit/Owl: 8)

Crazy Working Mom said...

Congrats on the high honors! : )