Friday, October 20, 2006

It’s like Yemen in here right now. I looked up from my desk to see 2 old people walking by-1 with a shawl, bent over with a hump on her back, and a man walking similarly. I feel like they are on a pilgrimage or something. Why this conjures up pictures of Yemen, I don’t know, but it did.

Kristarella is helping me create a blog for my kind of starting up business. I’m trying to find pictures to post. The ones I am having trouble with are the pictures of me. I have an idea about what I want a picture to look like, but somehow the “take 100 pounds off” button doesn’t work on my camera. Dilemmas, dilemmas…

I need pictures of people making my food. Part of what I’d like to do is have cooking parties where you learn to prepare food in a casual, fun environment (your place) with your friends or family. Trouble is, I have to practice on people I know, and also take pictures of them having fun making the food. Friends and family-look for an invitation soon…I need your help starting this up, and running through it with live folks who love me will help.

I can’t wait to start my new job. A smart person can only file so much. I’m beginning to wonder why I even went to college with this job. (Oh yeah-it was to mud wrestle on the green at midnight. Right.)

I have a confession: On one of my coworkers desk resides a bowling trophy. It is a person bowling. However, the head of the person is a small smooth marbled bowling ball. It’s very shiny. The confession: Every time I walk by it, I want to rub the little bowlers head.

Girls will only want to read this comment. Boys will run screaming if they do. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I haven’t had my “time of the month” in about 6 months because of the particular birth control pill I use. However, I can’t afford it anymore and so I am switching. Therefore, it’s “that time of the month” and I can tell you all that I’d forgotten how horrible it feels to wake up extra tired, be bloated, a little cranky and pissed that I have to worry about when I go to the bathroom.


Some days I feel like my life is really about to jump start itself. Today is one of those days.

1 comment:

kristarella said...

Yeh, my pill was really strong to start with and I hardly ever got periods. I was also a raving freakin' lunatic with the hormonal emotions. Now I'm on a lighter, more expensive one with regular periods. Painful but no more depression.