Hi everyone! Toosdae's are back, and so is my smile and my health. Thank you for being patient with my while I recovered. There are 4 questions this week to make up for the zero last week-please show me you missed me by answering them!!
1. Which is worse: Finding out you lost the winning lottery ticket, or having the right numbers but forgetting to buy the ticket?
2. Do you believe the current "jury of one's peers" system is the right way to go, or should local citizens be elected or appointed to serve as "professional jurors" to hear criminal cases, and why.
3. Do you have any family "old wives tales" that you still practice, or are there any superstitions that were passed on to you that you still believe in? What are they, and who passed them on?
4. You are invited to a party at a nudist colony through a program that seeks to introduce the concept to people who aren't already members. You know the following things going in: 1) There'll be nothing "inappropriate" going on, 2) You won't know anyone who is there, and 3) You'll never again see any of the people who are present for the rest of your life. Given these conditions, would you attend?
1. Worse is knowing I had a million dollars in my hand but lost it. Losing the ticket that won would devastate me.
2. I believe in a jury of ones peers rather than profession jurors. I know people hate jury duty, but it's really the only way to get a diverse group of random individuals to hear a case. Professional jurors could easily become numb to similar cases, making their judgments before hearing the whole case.
3. I know I asked the question, but no. I didn't grow up with a Grandmother who gave me brandy for a cough or who made me put pennies on my eyes for hiccups. I am rather superstitious however, but that's on my own accord.
4. I suppose if the condition was that I would never see any of the people ever again in my life, then yes, I might consider it. Watching people in another "society" has always fascinated me and doing so without any fear of humiliation in my own life would be kind of interesting.