Friday, September 22, 2006

First Job Highlights

Me, making pasta-my coat is so big on me-Megan...can you help? Crab cakes with sweet red pepper dressing. I didn't have time to clean the blobs before taking the picture b/c they were coming into the kitchen to get it and I didn't want them to see me b/c I'm a geek. Lemon after taking peels for pasta garnish... Fresh bread with home made basil butter Empty plates-every chef's dream! The crew-the student musician-who was very good. My client and her enormous boyfriend, my server and clients sister, and me!

Tonight's job went extremely well. So well, in fact, I can't wipe the smile off of my stupid face!

I arrived in full uniform at 7pm, and immediately began setting up. I purchased a rolling bin to put all of my equipment in and it worked out very well. By 7:15 I was rolling pasta-which really impressed my clients roommate.

This is important because later in the night, I took her cue to pitch a cooking party-she was so interested in it, that she gave me her name and phone number, along with her email address and practically begged me to contact her.

In any case, everything went perfectly. Her boyfriend was surprised and impressed, and their plates came back to the kitchen empty. I was cleaned up and ready to leave by 9pm.

It truly was the easiest money I've ever made!

Hopefully I will get her repeat business, as well as her roommates. Next on my agenda is to purchase plates for service, because as you can see, her plates suck.

Slowly but surely, I'm getting there. My dream is coming true. It's pretty amazing to me, really. This is the first time I've cooked for complete strangers who have no affiliation with friends or family at all. I know I'm a geek, but that excites me.

In the book of my life, this night goes down as: Completely Perfect.
And that's a pretty damn good feeling.

4 comments:

C-Unit said...

OH, My, God, Mags!!!!! I am so sorry. When you Im'd me, I thought u meant you were gonna have a mary k party. That is so much more exciting! Maybe when I have my own place Ill have a cooking party and find u more clients. Wooo Hooo!! That is fuckin awesome!

Mags said...

Thanks C-Unit. The MaryKay was a gift certificate that she gave me as a tip. The party is something I'm going to try to get her roommate to do to pay ME to teach them to cook!!

OrioleGal9 said...

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!!!

Wish I could have been your assistant!

So, how cheesy was the event really? do you think the boyfriend liked his surprise?

Mags said...

It was a little cheesy, but not as cheesy as you'd think. It was actually quite nice.

They have an awesome city apartment and there were candles lining the stairs, the roof top was filled with candles and she had the violenist on the roof too. It was very lovely.

Yes, he was surprised.