Friday, September 29, 2006

A Billion Years

A billion years have drifted by
in seas of foamy green.
A love, still searching, one day I will find-
it's there yet goes unseen.

With reckless speech and heartfelt sighs
I've waited in the wings.
A tarnished dove sits idly by;
I dream, as she sings.

In fluffy clouds and clear blue skies
I vanish in thin air.
And no one knows what's become of me;
it's one of life's affairs.

I'm floating in a purple haze
and waiting to begin
a life I've seen through shaded eyes
and shielded with my sins.
The foamy haze of sea green waves
will soon give way to love
and everyday I'll grow myself
and thank the Lord above.

5 comments:

OrioleGal9 said...

You need to get published !!!

Mags said...

What an extremely nice thing to say.

Thanks!!!

OrioleGal9 said...

I would by your book for myself and for gifts for others!

Mags said...

Well, maybe someday T-but you know-I just can't take another project now!!!

Beaman said...

This is good. Look up 'Writer's Cafe' on google. You might like that site. Keep writing.