Monday, April 07, 2008

Manic Monday: Thousand

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape




Monday's are MoMoLicious-click it...

(It's good for your health!)



*Feeling entirely beat last night, I looked into my archives to see if I could pull something old out for today's Manic Monday post. To my surprise I found this poem in the drafts (dated 8/23/06)-I'm not sure why I never published it, but reading it last night brought a smile to my face. Though it has specific references to my childhood, I hope that it makes you think of the thousands of memories that you carry from yours and that it brings a smile to your face as well...



Never Wonder Why


Footie pajamas and a mule in the back,
I'm a little tea pot and a baton that went
"Whack!"

Days of playing barbies
and cutting their hair
or hiding in the woods give our parents a
scare.

Pollywogs in jelly
and sledding on death hill
or picking the tree berries, we couldn't get our
fill.

Camping in the living room
or in the back yard
Days of endless rehearsals so I could be the
star.

Long hot drives to nowhere new
but everywhere worth going
What would our lives bring us next? There was no way of
knowing.

Two by Two's the way we're taught
and three is just a crowd.
But when your life changes course
you wonder what's
allowed.

Take the the curves on your hot wheels bike
and lift your legs up high.
And titter with the wind in your hair
and never wonder
why.

13 comments:

mauniejames3 said...

Sweet poem Mags...I really like it..full of our childhood fun..

Star8278 said...

Happy MM!!!

anthonynorth said...

A fun poem. A thousand thanks :-)

Julie said...

Oh! So vivid! I really like this!

Jamie said...

Memories are the cameras of the mind ... just pull one up and look at the pictures.

Mo said...

your poem painted a thousand pictures in my mind!

Lois Grebowski said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend.. enjoy some rest, my dear...

Happy MM!

Villager said...

Happy MM! Hot Wheels Bike, yes, you pulled this one from your memory archives! Great imagery...

My MM meme is up and running.

peace, Villager

dailypanic said...

Great poem. I had a 1000 memories running through my mind as I read it.

Happy MM!

Clancy in Idaho said...

Love it, as always.

the teach said...

That's wonderfully creative, mags! Thank you for it! :D

Kat said...

Happy MM and you've got bling!

Kat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.