Hi kids! I'm not certain why none of these are silly this week, but I'm pretty happy with the questions-I sure hope that when I come home from my LONG day at work AND school that I'll have TONS and TONS of comments from my adoring readers. ;) Remember, you don't have to answer them all!
1. Would you rather have so much money that you would never have to worry about money again or be immortal?
2. To what degree do you feel government should be allowed to monitor its citizens phone calls without court approval (as much as it wants, not at all, by court order only, or somewhere in between)?
3. If you could "un-know" one thing, what would it be?
1. I would rather have the money. There are certain things in life that I wish I could do regularly, including travel. Having the money to pay all of my bills, buy presents for my friends and family whenever I want and traveling would make my life happier. I would never want to be immortal because I would have to watch every I love die. Also, I believe in heaven, and so death, though not my first choice currently, doesn't scare me much.
2. This is a tricky question. I don't have anything to hide, so I don't much care if the government listens in on a call, however, sometimes jokes can be taken out of context and someone may not "get" the joke, making me get into trouble. Morally, I don't think it's right. I believe we have a right to our privacy and should feel secure in that. However, if listening to my conversations now and then prevents thousands of innocent people from being murdered, then I think I am ok with that. To follow my rules: by court order.
3. If I could un-know 1 thing, it would be unknowing that Matt had an affair. Even after all this time, it still cuts like a knife to know that he wasn't man enough to be honest about his feelings before starting a relationship with another woman. And even though he's not a part of my life today, it still makes doubt creep into my heart every now and then.